Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 refused applying again need tips..

Hi,

My B1 visa was refused in Delhi consulate in july and again I am reapplying for the same.I am sharing my past visa experience with you and request you some tips if VO asks why u r visa refused last time? and you changed length of stay to 4 weeks coz you feel 8 weeks too length?.My visa interview was on 9:45 AM

Me : Good Morning Madam
    VO : Your passport please..
    Me : handovered my passport
    VO : Purpose of your trip?
    Me : Requirements gathering.We have recently aquired a new client YYYY and I am going there to study their business requirement and to collect requirements and to attend technical discussions with their IT team.
    VO : which place r u going
    Me : Dayton, Ohio
    VO : did u traveled any other country?
    Me : No
    VO : whom do you work for?
    Me : ZZZ
    VO : are u married?
    Me : yes
    VO : how many childerns
    Me : One kid XX years old.
    VO : Your Client Name?
    VO : Client website address
    Me : www.xxxxxxx.com
    VO : How long you are working in this company
    Me : 7 years
    VO : length of stay
    Me : 8 weeks
    VO : I dont think 8 weeks is necessary for business meetings..
    Me : Initially it was planned for 4 weeks later it was extended by 4 more weeks ..Our Client is doing CSO lending business and they have acquired two new CSO's and have to atend business meetings with them..
    VO : Can see your travel agenda..
    Me : Sorry i donot have ..once my Visa is confirmed my comapny is going to book the tickets..
    VO :..takes few minutes..and said longer duration of visa will not be issued under B1 apply for H1.

so this time I feel they definitely going to ask why u r visa was rejected last time and length of stay can u please help me to get visa this time any help would be highly appreciated.

with regards,
    Babu

So you were clearly told that you cannot be given a B1 Visa for 8 weeks of US visit. Now you want to make plans of 4 weeks ? How will you justify your shortened duration ?
    Also, do not lie to the VO about the real reasons behind the refusal first time. They have all information with them and if you lie you may be rejected once again. Just be honest.
    I presume your company does not have prior experience of filing for B1. No one plans on more than 3 weeks or a month while applying on B1.
    You need to have your travel plan in place assuming your visa will be granted. Generally, people make plans of 3 or 4 weeks after interview date. Hotel/Flight bookings dont cost anything.
    Depending on which highly reputed MNC you may be working for, try reading this : https://www.immihelp.com/us-b-1-in-lieu-of-h-1b-visa/

HTH
    This is my opinion. Not a legal advice

Comment

You should have detailed travel itinerary with you. Sort of like day 1 - meeting with xyz, day 2 - discussion with abc etc.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by happybuddha View Post
        So you were clearly told that you cannot be given a B1 Visa for 8 weeks of US visit. Now you want to make plans of 4 weeks ? How will you justify your shortened duration ?
        Also, do not lie to the VO about the real reasons behind the refusal first time. They have all information with them and if you lie you may be rejected once again. Just be honest.
        I presume your company does not have prior experience of filing for B1. No one plans on more than 3 weeks or a month while applying on B1.
        You need to have your travel plan in place assuming your visa will be granted. Generally, people make plans of 3 or 4 weeks after interview date. Hotel/Flight bookings dont cost anything.
        Depending on which highly reputed MNC you may be working for, try reading this : https://www.immihelp.com/us-b-1-in-lieu-of-h-1b-visa/

HTH
        Sorry for the late reply..Thanks for your suggestion.In the second attempt I got the visa and I went US twice.

Thanks & regards,
        Babu

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
        You should have detailed travel itinerary with you. Sort of like day 1 - meeting with xyz, day 2 - discussion with abc etc.
        Thanks for your suggestions and comments. In the second attempt I got the visa and I went to US twice.

Thanks & regards,
        Babu

- - - Updated - - -

In the second attempt I got the Visa and I travelled to US twice.I would like to thank imihelp and all the members for their suggestions and comments.

Thanks & regards,
        Babu

Comment

Hi...

You got visa by second time.. within what time duration u have applied fro second time...Have they asked about the rejection.

If yes, what reason you told, mine also same case like you. Pls help me...

Pls see the below blog and hel me with the answer for next time ..
          Hi,

My B1 visa was refused in Delhi consulate in july and again I am reapplying for the same.I am sharing my past visa experience with you and request you some tips if VO asks why u r visa refused last time? and you changed length of stay to 4 weeks coz you feel 8 weeks too length?.My visa interview was on 9:45 AM

Me : Good Morning Madam
          VO : Your passport please..
          Me : handovered my passport
          VO : Purpose of your trip?
          Me : Requirements gathering.We have recently aquired a new client YYYY and I am going there to study their business requirement and to collect requirements and to attend technical discussions with their IT team.
          VO : which place r u going
          Me : Dayton, Ohio
          VO : did u traveled any other country?
          Me : No
          VO : whom do you work for?
          VO : are u married?
          Me : yes
          VO : how many childerns
          Me : One kid XX years old.
          VO : Your Client Name?
          VO : Client website address
          Me : www.xxxxxxx.com
          VO : How long you are working in this company
          Me : 7 years
          VO : length of stay
          Me : 8 weeks
          VO : I dont think 8 weeks is necessary for business meetings..
          Me : Initially it was planned for 4 weeks later it was extended by 4 more weeks ..Our Client is doing CSO lending business and they have acquired two new CSO's and have to atend business meetings with them..
          VO : Can see your travel agenda..
          Me : Sorry i donot have ..once my Visa is confirmed my comapny is going to book the tickets..
          VO :..takes few minutes..and said longer duration of visa will not be issued under B1 apply for H1.

so this time I feel they definitely going to ask why u r visa was rejected last time and length of stay can u please help me to get visa this time any help would be highly appreciated.

with regards,
          Babu

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X