X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should apply or not -- Advise needed

Hello All,

Little background about my case:

In 2009, I went to USA with my husband on B2 visa which was given 10 years multiple entry. Then I came back in aug 2010 after staying for 10 months there. Then I came back and joined one company and started working. Meanwhile my husband decided to study in USA and he got F1 visa and F2 visa for me. When I went to USA embassy for the stamping for F2 visa in the month for feb. 2011. They revoked B2 visa and put a stamp on it "cancellation without prejudice". After sometime, I had to send my son back to USA because he was not adapting to the enviornment and was sick most of the days. I again tried for visa in 2012 end so that I can meet my son but it was rejected again. After few days I started my own business, now for this business, I have to go attend Fairs and meeting that happens across USA. I was wondering if I try for visa again.. there are 99.9% chances that it would be rejected again.

Can anyone please suggest me whether I should go for visa or not? What are the chances in my case of getting business visa? Any answers would be appreciated. and thanks for reading a lengthy post.

*The first time you stayed 10 months on a B2 status ; they only give you 6 months in one go.
    Did you overstay or did you apply for an extension?

* what visa is your husband now? Is he still on an F-1?
    What are his future plans?

Comment

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
      *The first time you stayed 10 months on a B2 status ; they only give you 6 months in one go.
      Did you overstay or did you apply for an extension?

* what visa is your husband now? Is he still on an F-1?
      What are his future plans?
      Thanks for the immediate reply. We applied for extension. My husband is on now B2 who frequently visits USA.

Comment

no reply...

Comment

Originally posted by exittoopenroad View Post
          no reply...
          anyone any comments?

Comment

Originally posted by exittoopenroad View Post
            anyone any comments?
            You did not give all the details in your original post.

You said your husband got an F-1, did he complete his studies and return and then got another B2?

How come your son went to USA? On what visa? WHere is he currently?

Comment

You did not give all the details in your original post.

You said your husband got an F-1, did he complete his studies and return and then got another B2?

How come your son went to USA? On what visa? WHere is he currently?

Hi .. Sorry for not providing the full information earlier in the post.

Me and My husband went to USA in 2009. We both has b1/b2 for 10 years multiple entry visa. We stayed there for 10 months during which I gave birth to my so. Meanwhile I was going to apply for H1 visa and my husband for F1 visa. But due to some tragic happening in family here in India. I and my son came back in 2010. My husband stayed there and started studying. Then after 3 months, when everything was normal but my son was not adapting to indian weather, I decided to go back. Unfortunately, I went for F2 stamping, I could have gone on B2. In 2010, my F2 visa was rejected and B1/B2 was revoked.

My parents and sisters are citizens of USA and so I sent my son there because he was not facing health issues here. After 6 months I tried again but was rejected and then I tried in the beginning of 2012 but of no use. I wanted to see my sone very badly that time.

During this period, my husband came back and left the studies inbetween as it was very tough for me to live here alone. My husband and I started business togather of exporting to Fashion/Imitation jewellery here in India. I manage things here in India and my husband travels to get more business. Thus he visits USA more often.

Now I am thinking of applying of applying B1 visa. Though the intentions are to meet my son but the reason is business also. Now I am quite worried. Should I or Shouldn't I apply the visa? I cant stand one more rejection and losing a chance to meet my son.

Comment

Ok. a few more qs;

1.How did you manage to stay 10 months initially on a visitor visa when they only give you 6 months at a time?
                Did you over stay? or did you apply for an extension?
                How did your husband convert it to F-1?

2.What is your husband's visa status now?

3. have your parents or your sister ever filed an immigrant petition for you?

Comment

Ok. a few more qs;

1.How did you manage to stay 10 months initially on a visitor visa when they only give you 6 months at a time?
                  Did you over stay? or did you apply for an extension?
                  How did your husband convert it to F-1?

2.What is your husband's visa status now?

3. have your parents or your sister ever filed an immigrant petition for you?

Thanks for reply.
                  1. Intially we had visa for 6 month then got the extension. we never wanted to violate any rules. During this period my husband applied in a college. I came back and he stayed there continuing his studies. when his B2 ends he continues staying there using F1 visa his passport doesnt have any stamping. While coming back back to India he showed the approval of F1 papers and that was it. In India he never went for F1 stamping because it was no use.

2. My husband has B1 visa.

3. No, My family never filed for immigrant petition because our plan are not to settle there. My husband's whole family(parents n siblings) all are in India.

When my visa(F2) was rejected and B2 was revoked, the VO was very rude. I asked for the reson but he didnt mention anything. But when I went for the second time, VO was quite polite and kind. He said to me that dont apply for sometime or until the situation changes. I kept that in mind and didnt apply but now it is 2013. I have my own business and want to visit for business trip only. Will it help?

Thanks again for replying. Hoping for some positive inputs.

Comment

Ok. If your husband had applied for F1 stamping in India, he would have met the same fate as you.

The reason is changing status from Visitor to F1 while in US.
                    The visa officers hate it when you apply for B1 for some business reason but
                    go to US and change status.

Now , As long as your son is in US, it will be IMPOSSIBLE for
                    you to get a visitor visa.
                    They will think you will never come back because of your US citizen son
                    and your history of changing status.
                    And like me, they will wonder, why is your son in US when you do not have any plans
                    to move to US?

Comment

Ok. If your husband had applied for F1 stamping in India, he would have met the same fate as you.

The reason is changing status from Visitor to F1 while in US.
                      The visa officers hate it when you apply for B1 for some business reason but
                      go to US and change status.

Now , As long as your son is in US, it will be IMPOSSIBLE for
                      you to get a visitor visa.
                      They will think you will never come back because of your US citizen son
                      and your history of changing status.
                      And like me, they will wonder, why is your son in US when you do not have any plans
                      to move to US?

... yes.many people have asked this question..it is my son's health...he comes to india every year..but his stay here only results in doctor's visits. I called him every year so that he can get adjust to the weather but till now he always faced many problem. I am waiting when he would be able to adjust he would stay with me..

So you are saying..No chance for me to get even B1?

Comment

A B1 or a B2 visa both require that you have nothing in US that will hold you there.

So, as long as you have your son in US, there is no chance.

Bring him back permanently, show strong business ties in India ( strong income/balance sheet ) , then
                        you can maybe hope for it.

Comment

A B1 or a B2 visa both require that you have nothing in US that will hold you there.

So, as long as you have your son in US, there is no chance.

Bring him back permanently, show strong business ties in India ( strong income/balance sheet ) , then
                          you can maybe hope for it.

thanks for your suggestion

Comment

Hi All,

I am thinking of applying for B2 visa. My son is still there. I want to go n meet him. The only thing which has changed is I have started my own business here in India in 2012 with a partner. I have quitted my IT job.

what are the chances of getting the visa time..any idea. I tried for visa 2 years and got rejected twice.

any help would be appreciated.

cheers
                            Last edited by exittoopenroad; 11-25-2013, 06:49 AM.

Comment

any suggestions??...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X