Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS-160 form for US B1 Visa

Hi All,

I have to fill Ds-160 form for US B1 Visa. I went for H1 visa in year 2011. Due to some unqualified document of my employer i did not get visa. Consulate sent back my passport and documents to my residence address after 2 months . Passport is blank and no any type of stamped. Even my employer at USA received REF document from USCIS saying that "RETURN THIS BLUE PROCESSING COVERSHEET ON TOP OF YOUR RESPONSE TO THE INTENT TO REVOKE"

Now after 2 years in 2013 my new employer is starting my B1 visa process. They are sending me to client meeting for 2 months only. I have to fill Ds-160 form... But I am confused about two options in DS-160.. For which one i have to select Y and N

Have you ever been refused A U.S. visa: Yes / No

Has your U.S. visa ever been cancelled or Revoked: Yes/No

Please help me which one i have to mark as Y and N. Please explain me meaning of both questions.
    Last edited by tejastrivedi; 09-16-2013, 02:28 PM.

Originally posted by tejastrivedi View Post
    Hi All,

I have to fill Ds-160 form for US B1 Visa. I went for H1 visa in year 2011. Due to some unqualified document of my employer i did not get visa. Consulate sent back my passport and documents to my residence address after 2 months . Passport is blank and no any type of stamped. Even my employer at USA received REF document from USCIS saying that "RETURN THIS BLUE PROCESSING COVERSHEET ON TOP OF YOUR RESPONSE TO THE INTENT TO REVOKE"

Now after 2 years in 2013 my new employer is starting my B1 visa process. They are sending me to client meeting for 2 months only. I have to fill Ds-160 form... But I am confused about two options in DS-160.. For which one i have to select Y and N

Have you ever been refused A U.S. visa: Yes / No

Has your U.S. visa ever been cancelled or Revoked: Yes/No

Please help me which one i have to mark as Y and N. Please explain me meaning of both questions.
    Hello, Tejas.

I have answered this in your other thread. Yes to the refused question. No to the cancelled question.

Refusal is what they do to a visa request.
    Cancellation or revocation happens to an existing visa. E.g.: I have a B1/B2 visa (10 years) and i apply for F1 visa (Student). If they suspect strongly that i am going to USA to settle down (if the picture of my life circumstances (advanced age, unmarried, not making significant amount of money) and plans to study in US are not making sense) then they can, in addition to 'Refusing' my F1 petition, 'Revoke' the already existing B1/B2 visa.

Hope this helps. Wishing you luck.

Cheers,
    Last edited by Nattybone; 09-17-2013, 04:51 AM.
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

Hello,

I have similar question.

Here is the history in short.

I went for stamping of new H1b when i came back to India in Feb 2011. VO suggested me to Withdraw the application and apply from a new employer.
      I did that and applied for new H1b from new employer. I got 221g for this application and got denial letter after 3 months.
      Applied again from same employer for H1b in 2012 and again got 221g. Later I joined new company in India May 2012.
      Now this new company is applying for B1 for a short visit. So what do I need to answer for below questions.

1. Have you ever been refused for US visa?
      2. Have you ever been denied for US visa?

Thanks,
      Manish

Comment

In the below link information about 221g has given in detail.

Please check with this

Hope this might be the answer for your questions, But i'm not sure.
        1. No
        2. No

Because the status 221g is Refused Pending Administrative Processing, its not about dening your visa.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response Sam.

Just to inform you, one time I got a letter from embassy that my application was sent back to the USCIS for revocation.
          Second time when I applied i never got any such letter but it remained in 221g. Few months back I got a mail asking to submit the passport but by then since i was already employed with a new company in India, i replied to them saying I would like to withdraw the application.

So considering above two cases do you think still I need to answer "No" for both the questions? Is sending back the application to USCIS considered as denial?

Please let me know if you have any idea about this situation.

Thanks again for the help!

Manish

Comment

Originally posted by mantmo View Post
            Hello,

I have similar question.

Here is the history in short.

I went for stamping of new H1b when i came back to India in Feb 2011. VO suggested me to Withdraw the application and apply from a new employer.
            I did that and applied for new H1b from new employer. I got 221g for this application and got denial letter after 3 months.
            Applied again from same employer for H1b in 2012 and again got 221g. Later I joined new company in India May 2012.
            Now this new company is applying for B1 for a short visit. So what do I need to answer for below questions.

1. Have you ever been refused for US visa?
            2. Have you ever been denied for US visa?

Thanks,
            Manish
            Hello, Manish.

I think your petition was Declined as you received the Denial Letter. I would like to believe that Refusal and Denial are the same thing, unless these are 2 different questions.

Hope this helps.

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,
            These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X