Conversion of B1 to H1B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conversion of B1 to H1B

I'm in India. My current employer has done my B1 visa and they want me to travel sometime in the 2nd week of next month. I've got my H1B filed through another employer and got my approval. So now if I travel to the US, and stay there till a period of 2 months, my H1B employer is ready to change my status. I want to understand how risky it is. Additionally, are there any possibilities that my current employer can revoke my status if I have to stay there additionally for 12 more days? I also want to know if in the future H1stamping has any risk for me. Do I have to come back to home country or can I visit Canada for stamping sometime next year if I don't go for it now.

they cannot revoke your status and you can change your status in US. But it takes several months for a status change in US.
    Also, it is always better to have an H1b stamp than a status change . Because if there is an emergency and you need to travel outside US,you can
    reenter US with an H1b stamp but not a status change.

Comment

Conversion of B1 to H1B

Will there be any problem in the future for stamping in that case? Moreover, do I have to travel to home country or can I travel to Canada for stamping sometime next yr?

Comment

it is recommended to go to Home country for First time H1B visa stamping. The reason is, it is much easy to verify your education certificates, work related certificates etc if you have from your home country.

Canada and mexico are ruled out for you. Canada requires third country nationals to have US education for first time H1b stamping and mexico only does renewals.

I think you should return after your B1 trip and get your H1b stamping done at home now than later. because later if you are caught up in 221g admin processing,
        you won't be able to return to your job for some time.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X