Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B1 visa; was handed 221g form in Oslo/Norway asking for my CV after interview.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 visa; was handed 221g form in Oslo/Norway asking for my CV after interview.

Hello Immihelp,

This is my first time here, but I'd like to appreciate this community for their time and effort in helping out others. Basically I am from Pakistan but I'm living in Norway from last 4 years, here I did my MS & last month I got my 1st job, then I was asked to apply for my visa for two trainings in US. Yesterday, I appeared for my B1 visa. After hours of waiting and standing in the line I got my chance to appear in front of my Visa officer.

VO Lady: Good Morning.
    ME: Good Morning.
    VO: Why are you going to US?
    Me: I am going to attend 2 technical trainings at our HQ in xxx city, basically these trainings are mandatory for every xxx engineer at xxx (my) company. *She typed something*
    VO: How long have you been in Norway.
    Me: 3 & half, infact almost 4 yrs.
    VO: What did you study here?
    Me: MS in xxx Engineering, infact I recently got my degree.
    VO: Any family member in Norway?
    Me: NO.
    VO: Single?
    Me: YES.

Handed me a 221g, asking for CV. Before she could hand me the form I stupidly asked with a grin on my face "Is my visa being rejected, I've to reapply and how long it would take?" She was not happy with that, said no your visa is not rejected sir send us your CV. it will take 3-4 weeks for decision.

YES, I KNOW, I MADE A TERRIBLE MISTAKE, SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT. BUT SOMETIMES YOUR BRAIN STOPS WORKING FOR NO REASON.

Now the BIG problem is, this trainings is Mandatory or in fact compalsory for my job position. If I don't go for this training I will LOSE my job as I am in my probation period of 6 month. Since my trip was geniune and I had all documents, I though it would be a walk in the park.

I got the email from embassy to submit my CV, I submitted my CV with 10 lines of email stating the urgency and importance of my visit and I have to return quickly for other projects. They replied with "We have received your CV". My application is now in "Administrative process".

I AM NOW FREAKING OUT. Any suggestion or advice would be appreciated. Just hoping for the best.

no need to get nervous.

Why do you think what you said made any difference? Because it did not.
    THe VO was going to give you the 221g form anyway whether you asked your question or not.

It is a common thing for applicants in scientific backgrounds to get admin processing 221g. the only thing is it takes long sometimes
    and no one has any control over it , not even the embassy staff. Probably the clearance comes from higher offices in US.

All you can do is wait. and hope you will get your visa before your required arrival in US.

Comment

Outcome?

Originally posted by naeekhan100 View Post
      Hello Immihelp,

This is my first time here, but I'd like to appreciate this community for their time and effort in helping out others. Basically I am from Pakistan but I'm living in Norway from last 4 years, here I did my MS & last month I got my 1st job, then I was asked to apply for my visa for two trainings in US. Yesterday, I appeared for my B1 visa. After hours of waiting and standing in the line I got my chance to appear in front of my Visa officer.

VO Lady: Good Morning.
      ME: Good Morning.
      VO: Why are you going to US?
      Me: I am going to attend 2 technical trainings at our HQ in xxx city, basically these trainings are mandatory for every xxx engineer at xxx (my) company. *She typed something*
      VO: How long have you been in Norway.
      Me: 3 & half, infact almost 4 yrs.
      VO: What did you study here?
      Me: MS in xxx Engineering, infact I recently got my degree.
      VO: Any family member in Norway?
      Me: NO.
      VO: Single?
      Me: YES.

Handed me a 221g, asking for CV. Before she could hand me the form I stupidly asked with a grin on my face "Is my visa being rejected, I've to reapply and how long it would take?" She was not happy with that, said no your visa is not rejected sir send us your CV. it will take 3-4 weeks for decision.

YES, I KNOW, I MADE A TERRIBLE MISTAKE, SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT. BUT SOMETIMES YOUR BRAIN STOPS WORKING FOR NO REASON.

Now the BIG problem is, this trainings is Mandatory or in fact compalsory for my job position. If I don't go for this training I will LOSE my job as I am in my probation period of 6 month. Since my trip was geniune and I had all documents, I though it would be a walk in the park.

I got the email from embassy to submit my CV, I submitted my CV with 10 lines of email stating the urgency and importance of my visit and I have to return quickly for other projects. They replied with "We have received your CV". My application is now in "Administrative process".

I AM NOW FREAKING OUT. Any suggestion or advice would be appreciated. Just hoping for the best.
      What was the outcome? I'm dealing with a very similar situation with my spouse.

My spouse is Russian, living in Netherlands for 3 years, needs to renew US visa this year. Went to interview and was kept waiting for hours and then given 221(g) for lack of cv.

How long does it take? We have 3 weeks till flight.

Comment

Originally posted by skywolf8113 View Post
        What was the outcome? I'm dealing with a very similar situation with my spouse.

My spouse is Russian, living in Netherlands for 3 years, needs to renew US visa this year. Went to interview and was kept waiting for hours and then given 221(g) for lack of cv.

How long does it take? We have 3 weeks till flight.

Did you get your visa? How long did it take for you?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X