home based business while on H1b visa with a company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• home based business while on H1b visa with a company

Hello all. I have been thinking of starting a home based business. I am currently on H1b visa with a company and working for them. I still want to continue working with them but was thinking if there is any legal way to start up my own business from home. Any guidance on the legal issues would be appreciated. Also I want to start the business with one of my family members in India. It would be a joint venture. Thanks in advance

A legitimate home-based business in the U.S. implies local licenses or permits, which are often neglected by many if the business is fairly inconspicuous, but also Federal tax reporting, usually with Schedule C or Schedule C-EZ (Profit or Loss from Business) which requires you to have at least an SSN, or an EIN.

--Ray B

Originally posted by nehajani View Post
    Hello all. I have been thinking of starting a home based business. I am currently on H1b visa with a company and working for them. I still want to continue working with them but was thinking if there is any legal way to start up my own business from home. Any guidance on the legal issues would be appreciated. Also I want to start the business with one of my family members in India. It would be a joint venture. Thanks in advance

Comment

Hey there! How's the business doing lately? I'm curious, what kind of messengers or platforms are you using to stay connected with all your clients? I recently came across this tool called https://clerk.chat/industries/hospitality-and-hotel/ and thought it might be worth checking out. It seems like it could be really helpful for improving communication and enhancing guest experiences in the hospitality industry. Have you heard about it?​
      Last edited by amystivens; 04-09-2024, 05:13 PM.

Comment

I think you can get local permits and run a business from home. My friend made it this way. I don't know where she addressed it, but I think you can find this info on the Internet. She ended up creating a niche marketplace and running it remotely. I should say, that she has succeeded, and her business has been growing. Hope it helps and good luck with your business journey.​
        Last edited by BNic; 02-29-2024, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Some companies have policies prohibiting employees from engaging in outside employment or business ventures, especially if they could be seen as competing with the company's interests. Make sure to review your employment contract and company policies regarding moonlighting or side businesses.

Comment

thanks for good information solve my solution to your description

Comment

Operating a home-based business while on an H1B visa can be a complex matter due to the visa's restrictions on employment and the definition of what constitutes "work" under the visa regulations.​

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X