• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 Visa additional document CV request

Hi Everyone,

I dont know my case unique or similar to many,
    I went to London US Embassy on 7th Aug2014 to apply B1 visa,
    My company took lot of time to make decision and finally want to sent me within week or two weeks notice.
    Luckly I got appointment quickly, but I was in hurry and didn't get chance go throw websites for additional documents required.

Visa officer asked questions she was happy, but at the end she asked for CV, I had a CV which wasn't updated because I recently joined this new company, but I also had Job description of new Job. I just took a minute to search documents and she handed in 221g and she will definitely give visa but need updated CV.

I had an email from US Embassy on Friday 8th August, I sent reply attaching my CV.

Hopefully that is the procedure to send CV.

I am looking for update on London US embassy back log and my batch number dosen't appear on it. It has been updated 3 times during this period and I can see other batch numbers from 7th August.

Has any one got same experience and how long it took this to update?

Many thanks

Just wait until you get the response from the consulate. You can't expect exact time for the processing of 221g as it differs person to person.

This is my opinion, not a legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Ideal soul

After contacting several times I got reply from Embassy,

Says my application is in additional administrative process, which is mandatory can not be expedite or waived

Has any got clue how long this will take..?

I cant think what they want to check...

its not a petition based application..

I am in UK from last 8 years and traveled to many countries..

Don't believe see my name needs security checks..

Really waiting is not easy..

Comment

Ikurd you can check here to learn more about administrative processing.

Basic Categories 221(g) can be broadly classified into four categories, based on the kind of additional processing needed: 1. Administrative Processing – 221(g) is given in this category when visa …

Do you have a technical background?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X