Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B1/B2 with annotation , can travel to other state?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1/B2 with annotation , can travel to other state?

Hi Guys ,

My g.f is working in mexico , i am from india and will be visiting to san fracisco , my g.f applied for B1B2 visa for US to meet me. Now she has received B1B2 visa for 6 month with annotation of her company name and office location in another state. ( Texas).
    can she visit to san francisco over that visa? or she could only visit to that particular office location or state in which she has office location ?

She should land on annotated location. And after her work, she may visit other places.

By the way, what was the purpose of visit she mentioned at the time of interview?

She should repeat the same answer at POE if they ask and should carry proper documents, which supports her intension to visit USA.

This is my opinion. Not a legal advice.

Comment

I apologize if my responses seems to contradict the other responder, but...

It doesn't matter which POE she arrives at, as one doesn't always have control over airline destination. With a B1/B2 visa, she is not restricted to remain or go to specific states. The only restriction is that she does not overstay the visa.

Naturally, upon actual POE arrival, she should be prepared to reiterate her original goal for use of visa.

--Ray B

Originally posted by dudhwalgirish View Post
      Hi Guys ,

My g.f is working in mexico , i am from india and will be visiting to san fracisco , my g.f applied for B1B2 visa for US to meet me. Now she has received B1B2 visa for 6 month with annotation of her company name and office location in another state. ( Texas).
      can she visit to san francisco over that visa? or she could only visit to that particular office location or state in which she has office location ?

Comment

Thanks for this blazing fast response to all.
        She mentioned her purpose was a Business meeting. She has her office location in Texas , but i am moving to san francisco. annotation on her visa s " her company name and office location i.e texas". she doesn't have any document related to san francisco but yes she has document for texas. You're advice is , she should first travel to texas and then she can fly to san francisco by stating her reason to meet relatives? should i book a return ticket for her to make a strong argument regarding her intention of not overstaying over this visa ?

Originally posted by rayb View Post
        I apologize if my responses seems to contradict the other responder, but...

It doesn't matter which POE she arrives at, as one doesn't always have control over airline destination. With a B1/B2 visa, she is not restricted to remain or go to specific states. The only restriction is that she does not overstay the visa.

Naturally, upon actual POE arrival, she should be prepared to reiterate her original goal for use of visa.

--Ray B
        Originally posted by Ideal sol View Post
        She should land on annotated location. And after her work, she may visit other places.

By the way, what was the purpose of visit she mentioned at the time of interview?

She should repeat the same answer at POE if they ask and should carry proper documents, which supports her intension to visit USA.

This is my opinion. Not a legal advice.

Comment

When arrival at "any" Port of Entry, she will be asked the purpose of her visa and her destination. Her purpose and destination remain the same, whether she first arrives in San Francisco or not. The only restrictions on where visitors can travel in the U.S. are those locations identified as "politically sensitive." In the 1950's, when Nikita Krushchev visited the U.S. as First Secretary of the Communist Party (of the Soviet Union), he was not allowed to visit Disneyland. The reason for the denial was not because Disneyland was not near his Port of Entry, but because the area in which Disneyland was located was considered 'out of bounds' to Communist Party officials visiting the U.S.

Perhaps the above historical trivia will add some levity to this thread.

--Ray B

Originally posted by dudhwalgirish View Post
          Thanks for this blazing fast response to all.
          She mentioned her purpose was a Business meeting. She has her office location in Texas , but i am moving to san francisco. annotation on her visa s " her company name and office location i.e texas". she doesn't have any document related to san francisco but yes she has document for texas. You're advice is , she should first travel to texas and then she can fly to san francisco by stating her reason to meet relatives? should i book a return ticket for her to make a strong argument regarding her intention of not overstaying over this visa ?

Comment

spelling error in Visa

Just a quick question also , she has an annotation of her company name and office location
            Now in company name there is a spelling error. so will it affect anything ? or she needs to get it corrected immediately. and if yes , then what will the procedure?

Comment

As Ray b said, POE is doesn't matter but, her first destination should be Texas where her office located not San Francisco.

The purpose of annotation is to limit one's access to perticular location. So I believe that she shouldn't fly initially to other destination like SFO.

Should carry proper documents like invitation, meetings schedule and travel itinerary. One must have return ticket to board on a flight. Otherwise there is a chance of denying the boarding of passenger.

Small errors can be managed unless it spells entirely different.

All the best.

Comment

My Experience same status

I had B1/B2 visa with annotation mentioning the company I was going to visit.
                After my work at that company I traveled to many other states for pleasure.
                So she can visit CA- no problem

Comment

Ideal Sol,

I must disagree with your statement that "...purpose of annotation is to limit one's access to perticular location... " The annotation on the visa is informational only, and does not restrict the entrant to travel directly to the annotation location. At the POE she will be asked her destination, and her response should be in agreement with the annotation, regarding the purpose of her visit.

The USCIS does not impose travel restrictions on visitors, but does want to know where they will be based.

--Ray B

As Ray b said, POE is doesn't matter but, her first destination should be Texas where her office located not San Francisco.

The purpose of annotation is to limit one's access to perticular location. So I believe that she shouldn't fly initially to other destination like SFO.

Should carry proper documents like invitation, meetings schedule and travel itinerary. One must have return ticket to board on a flight. Otherwise there is a chance of denying the boarding of passenger.

Small errors can be managed unless it spells entirely different.

All the best.

Comment

Ray b,

Thanks for the reply.

But if it is 10 year multiple visa, then destination might be changed several times. In that case what is the purpose of annotation and how they will match the answer of passenger with annotation on visa?

Comment

The visa annotation is informational only, and once in the U.S. is not legally binding.

--Ray B

Ray b,

Thanks for the reply.

But if it is 10 year multiple visa, then destination might be changed several times. In that case what is the purpose of annotation and how they will match the answer of passenger with annotation on visa?

Comment

Annotation on my visa (September, Vegas, NYC)

Hi everyone,

So I'm wondering if you GF made it to San Fran, and I have an annotation (Septmber, Vegas, New york) can I still land in LA? I'm traveling in September and I will land in LA and stay there for a day or 2 before I head to Vegas and then fly to NYC..can I do that?

Comment

Ahmed,

There are no restrictions on where a B1 or B2 visitor can be processed or land in the U.S.

--Ray B

Originally posted by AhmedM View Post
                          Hi everyone,

So I'm wondering if you GF made it to San Fran, and I have an annotation (Septmber, Vegas, New york) can I still land in LA? I'm traveling in September and I will land in LA and stay there for a day or 2 before I head to Vegas and then fly to NYC..can I do that?

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
                            Ahmed,

There are no restrictions on where a B1 or B2 visitor can be processed or land in the U.S.

--Ray B
                            Las Vegas is the party neighborhood of Los Angeles. Very few people fly internationally with their final destination being Las Vegas. They usually fly into an LA Metro area airport, likes of LAX, Long Beach, John Wayne, Burbank or Ontario, and usually rent a car and drive for 4 hours to vegas or may choose to take a 45 minute flight instead. My preference is driving as I live in LA and flying and driving takes abiut the same amount of time for me.

Comment

You can also say that you were getting a cheaper tickets via some other location.
                              - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X