Zero Travel History !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zero Travel History !

Hi guys, I am a medical student applied for the visa for the purpose of a clerkship rotation at Texas Heart Institute.
    How can I rationally and reasonably respond to my (zero travel history) when the Visa consular is very much concerned about this matter ?

I am thinking to answer like this; I was very busy studying at school and there were no kind of strong opportunities to travel training abroad, But when a clerkship at Texas Heart Institute coming up..I look forward to marrying my past clinical and cultural experiences with a cutting-edge medical education in a US setting.

I am not sure if my previous answer is quite reasonable and relevant! Any inputs would be appreciated ? Thanks.

don't you worry

Originally posted by Dantrolene View Post
    Hi guys, I am a medical student applied for the visa for the purpose of a clerkship rotation at Texas Heart Institute.
    How can I rationally and reasonably respond to my (zero travel history) when the Visa consular is very much concerned about this matter ?

I am thinking to answer like this; I was very busy studying at school and there were no kind of strong opportunities to travel training abroad, But when a clerkship at Texas Heart Institute coming up..I look forward to marrying my past clinical and cultural experiences with a cutting-edge medical education in a US setting.

I am not sure if my previous answer is quite reasonable and relevant! Any inputs would be appreciated ? Thanks.
    Don't worry,
    I never seen someone been asked such kind of question,
    your prepared answer is tool long and looks like made up
    I prefer you say, I did not had any opportunities or I had family commitments something like that
    keep it simple one line answer

Most important thing, you got to know is where your are going to
    what exactly you are doing
    and transparent paper work
    Don't make any silly mistakes check it several times, may be ask somebody else to cross check.

Visa officer always ask questions looking at your application, so be confident and say exactly what you wrote
    be confident with dates..

best of luck

Comment

Zero Travel History and Single!

Originally posted by ikurd View Post
      Don't worry,
      I never seen someone been asked such kind of question,
      your prepared answer is tool long and looks like made up
      I prefer you say, I did not had any opportunities or I had family commitments something like that
      keep it simple one line answer

Most important thing, you got to know is where your are going to
      what exactly you are doing
      and transparent paper work
      Don't make any silly mistakes check it several times, may be ask somebody else to cross check.

Visa officer always ask questions looking at your application, so be confident and say exactly what you wrote
      be confident with dates..

best of luck
      Thank you so much iKurd for your input.

Your points are taken.
      Unfortunately, we have a consular here stressing on only 2 things; marriage and travel history. Nothing else.
      My friend who is still student, his request has been rejected a couple of days ago, and my interview is after a few days and I am worried about exposing to be interviewed by her. So my answer about those 2 questions will be like; no, I am not married because I am all the more determined to finish my studies and graduate first. For multiple reasons, I can't afford it at this time since my father is still responsible for all my life's and education expenses. As for the travel history; I will go like as you mentioned, because I had some school commitment and I didn't have any opportunities before. Is that okay ?

Thanks again.

Comment

You are not a tourist so they will not even consider your travel history in the decision making.

Comment

don't slip your tounge

Originally posted by Dantrolene View Post
          Thank you so much iKurd for your input.

Your points are taken.
          Unfortunately, we have a consular here stressing on only 2 things; marriage and travel history. Nothing else.
          My friend who is still student, his request has been rejected a couple of days ago, and my interview is after a few days and I am worried about exposing to be interviewed by her. So my answer about those 2 questions will be like; no, I am not married because I am all the more determined to finish my studies and graduate first. For multiple reasons, I can't afford it at this time since my father is still responsible for all my life's and education expenses. As for the travel history; I will go like as you mentioned, because I had some school commitment and I didn't have any opportunities before. Is that okay ?

Thanks again.
          Firstly your are welcome,

Well coming to marriage, again don't be so detail...
          no offence but, what you said really sounded bit said(and I consider its true)
          You can say like I got girl friend and are looking someone..
          but want to get married when once properly settled and with firm income (something like this in your own words)
          it should sound cool... please put a smile on your face what ever you say...

make your answer less detail and keep it non controversial

BOL(best of luck)
          Last edited by ikurd; 09-05-2014, 05:10 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Rejected!

Originally posted by ikurd View Post
            Firstly your are welcome,

Well coming to marriage, again don't be so detail...
            no offence but, what you said really sounded bit said(and I consider its true)
            You can say like I got girl friend and are looking someone..
            but want to get married when once properly settled and with firm income (something like this in your own words)
            it should sound cool... please put a smile on your face what ever you say...

make your answer less detail and keep it non controversial

BOL(best of luck)

I just wanna share with you my US visa interview. It went like this: good morning. I am not sure whether she returned it back. Can you please pass me your passport? Sure. Why are going to the US? Well I am a medical student I have been accepted to do electives " clinical rotation" in THI. This is the acceptance letter. ( she just for a sec looked at it when I stated the letter then she got back to her computer), after the electives I must come back to complete my graduation or else you know I won't be able to graduate nor will I be able to practice medicine. This is my deans letter....she interrupted me...Where do you live ? I live in Maadi city in Cairo ( I didn't mention the street details though). Are you married ? Married! Nah I am still student . Have you ever traveled outside Egypt ? No I didn't. Who will fund you? My father will fund me. He will be full responsible for every expenses during the trip and 2 months stay in Texas. This is my father's bank statement. (She didn't really care to even look at it.) What's ur father work? He is a math teacher. How much is his salary ? Approximately 3000l.e., however my father has another source of income other than the governmental salary as a property. Here's his bank statement. Likewise She didn't care. then she smirky said unfortunately you don't have enough ties to approve ur visa! Can you please explain what kind of enough ties you are asking for ? She smirky said at this time you dont have enough ties I am sorry ! I said you know I am a student and not graduated yet and I must....(she interrupted me) ...yes I know I am sorry!! I (felt) like she wanted to say like please leave now I am done with you...Next!

Notes:
            1- I was wearing semi-classic clothes.
            2- That mid20 mask face little lady seemed really exhausted and not welcoming anyone, she whom the same officer who refused my friend's request couple of days ago and she refused most if not all applicants of today.
            2- Her judgement was based upon only 2 things; marriage and travel history. Nothing else!

I look forward to your detailed feedback please. Where was the mistake ? what I was supposed to do to counter change the outcome of the interview ? What to do next ? Thank you in advance.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
            You are not a tourist so they will not even consider your travel history in the decision making.

I just wanna share with you my US visa interview. It went like this: good morning. I am not sure whether she returned it back. Can you please pass me your passport? Sure. Why are going to the US? Well I am a medical student I have been accepted to do electives " clinical rotation" in THI. This is the acceptance letter. ( she just for a sec looked at it when I stated the letter then she got back to her computer), after the electives I must come back to complete my graduation or else you know I won't be able to graduate nor will I be able to practice medicine. This is my deans letter....she interrupted me...Where do you live ? I live in Maadi city in Cairo ( I didn't mention the street details though). Are you married ? Married! Nah I am still student . Have you ever traveled outside Egypt ? No I didn't. Who will fund you? My father will fund me. He will be full responsible for every expenses during the trip and 2 months stay in Texas. This is my father's bank statement. (She didn't really care to even look at it.) What's ur father work? He is a math teacher. How much is his salary ? Approximately 3000l.e., however my father has another source of income other than the governmental salary as a property. Here's his bank statement. Likewise She didn't care. then she smirky said unfortunately you don't have enough ties to approve ur visa! Can you please explain what kind of enough ties you are asking for ? She smirky said at this time you dont have enough ties I am sorry ! I said you know I am a student and not graduated yet and I must....(she interrupted me) ...yes I know I am sorry!! I (felt) like she wanted to say like please leave now I am done with you...Next!

Notes:
            1- I was wearing semi-classic clothes, confident and fluent.
            2- That mid20 mask face little lady seemed really exhausted and not welcoming anyone, she whom the same officer who refused my friend's request couple of days ago and she refused most if not all applicants of today.
            2- Her judgement was based upon only 2 things; marriage and travel history. Nothing else!

I look forward to your detailed feedback please. Where was the mistake ? what I was supposed to do to counter change the outcome of the interview ? What to do next ? Thank you in advance.

Comment

Ok, she did ask about your travel history. But that was a secondary issue.

No offense but you spoke at length when the interview opened and offered documents she did not ask for.
              One should answer briefly the questions they ask and should not show anything unless they ask for it.
              Volunteering excessive info puts them off and shows that you are somewhat desperate.

And so the reasons for denial were your presentation and the funding part. They base that on the occupation /salary of the person funding.
              Not on the bank statements.

your single status and travel history were secondary issues.

Comment

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
                Ok, she did ask about your travel history. But that was a secondary issue.

No offense but you spoke at length when the interview opened and offered documents she did not ask for.
                One should answer briefly the questions they ask and should not show anything unless they ask for it.
                Volunteering excessive info puts them off and shows that you are somewhat desperate.

And so the reasons for denial were your presentation and the funding part. They base that on the occupation /salary of the person funding.
                Not on the bank statements.

your single status and travel history were secondary issues.

Well, I thought I was prepared and answered well but seems it is not.
                Do you think I should reply again to B1B2 with same status and concise answer ?
                Or Should I go and apply to a J1 exchange visitor visa for a short term( 2 months) ? As I knew it's easy to get than B1B2...Am I correct ?

I dont really want to feel disappointed again with denial. Please let me know which of which to go with in a way or another that somewhat increase my chance of getting a Visa to not miss this huge opportunity of training ? Thanks.

Comment

J1 requires a non-immigrant intent too, just like a B1/B2. And as far as I know J1 has to be paid in the US.
                  I think you should reapply for a B1/B2. You were unlucky too last time . Maybe this time you will get
                  a better officer.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X