Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Administrative processing

Hey bummerman !

I had a interview. It was good. He asked me the invitation letter, which i prveded then he asked me who is sponsoring? I gave the sponsor letter. Finally he gave me back all doc & passport with 221(g) letter with further administrative processing and ask me to go another section. I went and gave all doc to another section and she asked me to submit my resume. She told me that it will take 2,3 weeks to process. I don't know what will happen ahead. The visa officer had marked the address which was in invitation letter.

Comment

Hi Sinkha, as I said before, some cases are subjected to administrative processing. I am not very sure but it seems that it is enforced by US immigration based on your technical background (google for technology alert list 221g). Unless the officer is very convinced you have to go through this procedure. Again, based on experience it seems cases from OCt to Feb are handled pretty quickly and so 2,3 weeks seems like a good estimate. During the rest of the year it can take 8 weeks or more. In this process your invitation letter, your background info is investigated (for any past criminal records etc.) by another agency (not just us immigration) and once the investigation is over you will get your visa. ~90% cases are cleared in 8 weeks. It is hard to wait but I would recommend not to think much about it and continue with your research. You will get an email once the administrative processing is complete and then you can submit your passport and then get the visa stamped on it.

I got it twice and both times it took me ~7 weeks. All he best.

Originally posted by Sinkha View Post
      Hey bummerman !

I had a interview. It was good. He asked me the invitation letter, which i prveded then he asked me who is sponsoring? I gave the sponsor letter. Finally he gave me back all doc & passport with 221(g) letter with further administrative processing and ask me to go another section. I went and gave all doc to another section and she asked me to submit my resume. She told me that it will take 2,3 weeks to process. I don't know what will happen ahead. The visa officer had marked the address which was in invitation letter.

Comment

Visa approved

Hi bummerman !

Finally the visa has been approved but with annotation "1 week conference Las Vegas April 2015" with single entries visa type "R". That means if I want to attend again another conference, I should again apply for visa, yes? Any way huge thanks for your cooparation ))

Comment

Originally posted by Sinkha View Post
          Hi bummerman !

Finally the visa has been approved but with annotation "1 week conference Las Vegas April 2015" with single entries visa type "R". That means if I want to attend again another conference, I should again apply for visa, yes? Any way huge thanks for your cooparation ))
          R means regular passport. Yes, I think for the next conference you need to apply again but you got your application cleared pretty soon so I guess it won't much hassle next time too. All the best.

Comment

One more question, I am just invited as a listener(participant) not for presenting paper(Author). Actually the organizer told me that just now register as a listener and then submit the paper, if the paper will accepted then they will change my status from listener to author. and in the invitation letter also just written
            "we invite you to attend the upcoming conference.......". so in interview if they will ask about this. I have to say that I am going to present a paper or just to say going to attend the conference. Please give me some idea about it.
            Last edited by samlynn; 12-16-2014, 10:34 PM.

Comment

applying for B2 visa for wife

Hi bummerman !
              how are you doing? I m fine here. Just a month ago I got married. She is pursing M.Sc in Physics, currently running in 2nd year. As i said before my conference is on 13 to 16 April in Las vegas, I want to make my trip with her to Las Vegas, so thinking to apply for her in B2 visa. weather it is possible or not? how probability is there to issue visa for her. what kind of supporting documents do we need? plz reply me as soon as possible. Thanks ))

Regards,
              Sinkha

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X