Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Two Rejection Experiences All In One ( Reason: Electives)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Two Rejection Experiences All In One ( Reason: Electives)

Hello,

I hesitated posting my rejection experiences as I believe its my own experience with my certain circumstances and not supposed to be applicable to others. Please don’t feel down or disappointed if you are going to your visa interview sooner or later. AGAIN, this is my personal experience and don’t put yourself in other’s shoe, that is what I want to deliver and I ONLY seek out advices and inputs.

First interview: was a month ago, interviewed by a black haired lady in 20s, was rejected in a minute. Weak points ( Single, no travel history, student, may be low father’s job income being a teacher) >> ended up with no enough ties rejection.

Second interview: was today, interviewed by a young blonde golden guy in 30s, he was better than the previous interviewer as he allowed me to explain myself, I thought that would raise my chance of acceptance however here is how it went:
    Him: Morning, give me your passport.
    Me: Good morning, delivered the passport and waited for the first question, he took like 5 min staring at my application on his PC and checking out the passport with complete silence was there. I felt a bit worried….Then he asked, are you sure I wasn’t your interviewer before? I said yes. Then he asked, Why do you want to go to America ?
    Me: I am a 6th yr med student in a program of 7 year. In my final year, its obligatory to complete 12 months of clerkship before graduation and to receive my medical diploma, and I wanted to spend 2 of them in US hospitals. I’ve been accepted in …. a program, and kindly see my acceptance letter.
    Him: Ok I don’t want to see it.
    * I started to worry since he was not welcoming to see any papers, and for me I believe the papers are the strongest things I have as a support to my words.
    Him: you are going to stay 2 months, right ?
    Me : yes, 2 months from …to ..
    Him: So why do you want to spend two months in the US since it is not important for your graduation here ?
    Me: I’ve been approved based on my academic background and success and such an experience will enrich my CV plus I will receive academic credit. This is my dean’s recommendation letter.
    Him: I don’t believe in papers. I don’t want to see any papers.
    * Again I looked confused and started to talk randomly afterwards and perceived I am going to take another rejection after a while.
    Him: (looking suspiciously and silent) Your reason of traveling doesn’t make sense to me.
    Me : Can I explain something sir ?
    Him: wait…after awhile, what do you want to explain?
    Me: I was rejected before and I didn’t know whether or not I applied to the correct type of visa but after I attending the visa orientation session here in the embassy and according to the dep. Of state FAM stating ….
    Him: I know you are on the correct type of visa. B1B2 is correct. This is not what I wanted to say. Your reason for travel is not making any sense for me since its not required for your practice here.
    Him: Anyway how can you pay for this ?
    ME : My father will fund me, this is my father’s bank statement. He disregarded it and kept asking…
    Him: what does your father work?
    Me : He is a consultant teacher
    Him: How much is his income?
    Me : around 7000l.e per month.
    Him: Is that what you said before?
    Me : (Slurred) Yes..hmmmm…the overall income is 7000le including other businesses.
    * I said in my previous interview 3000le as a governmental salary only, this time I said 7000 as an overall income including other businesses. I just thought if the previous interviewer registered everything I said and he just found out that I changed my answer this time. That’s why I looked confused and worried for a bit.
    Him: So how much will it cost you for 2 months?
    Me : around 4000$ for 2 months.
    Him: So your father income is 1000$ per month and it will cost you $4000!! ( looking unsatisfied)
    ME : I have my father’s bank statement which will cover my travel expenses.
    Him: He repeated the same statement in a low vibrant voice and looked unsatisfied.
    ME: Sorry sir, I didn’t get your question!
    Him: Ok, I know you won’t understand!!! ( Silence )
    Me: There is one thing sir. The program would grant me this rotations for free..no application fee.. no tuition fee.. only housing and tickets will be on my own self.
    Him: How is that happen ? I don’t believe that.
    Me: I have the program requirement print, there is no fee required. would you like to see them? And I have my acceptance letter. Please see it. I begged him to see the letter.
    Him: ( reluctant ) ok let me see it. He read it carelessly in two seconds. Then he threw it back to me.
    Him: I don’t think this is important for you. Doesn’t make sense to me, I am sorry.
    Me : Please sir it’s a big opportunity for me and its for free and would help my CV later.
    He : I am sorry I see you are not qualified as it makes no sense to me.
    Me : I kept begging him and talking randomly, I don’t remember what I did say, I was trying to convince him in a way or another and that turned out to be like an (argument).
    While I was talking to him, he said you should move going now as there is an applicant awaiting behind you. I looked back and I found a family
    awaiting me to leave. I took the rejection paper and passport thanked him.

Notes:

1- The interview was not quite in order as I described above. It was like an argument or something. He received my answers sporadically. When I say or offer something not appealing to his, he keep interrupting and saying this does make no sense to me!!
    2- I looked a bit worried and slurred in speech after saying I don’t believe in papers. He only saw my acceptance letter because of my persistent pressure on him and even after he did, seems like no sense is there. I don’t know how this reflected my attitude in the rest of interview!
    3- Low class father’s job ( teacher, ….etc) may ruin everything! They almost depend on father’s job income instead of bank statement.
    Reality is ugly!
    4- I don’t know what to do then!!! Please if you see my post–leave a comment, suggestion, hit like, anything….

Hi Dantrolene, this is really unfortunate. I guess the VO was not convinced why your clerkship in the US is important for you. Probably he thought it was not compulsory for your graduation which might be true.

If you apply again, you can be succinct in your response. For instance: Why America? To do Clerskship. Why clerkship? Without that I cannot graduate...

Originally posted by Dantrolene View Post
    Hello,

I hesitated posting my rejection experiences as I believe its my own experience with my certain circumstances and not supposed to be applicable to others. Please don’t feel down or disappointed if you are going to your visa interview sooner or later. AGAIN, this is my personal experience and don’t put yourself in other’s shoe, that is what I want to deliver and I ONLY seek out advices and inputs.

First interview: was a month ago, interviewed by a black haired lady in 20s, was rejected in a minute. Weak points ( Single, no travel history, student, may be low father’s job income being a teacher) >> ended up with no enough ties rejection.

Second interview: was today, interviewed by a young blonde golden guy in 30s, he was better than the previous interviewer as he allowed me to explain myself, I thought that would raise my chance of acceptance however here is how it went:
    Him: Morning, give me your passport.
    Me: Good morning, delivered the passport and waited for the first question, he took like 5 min staring at my application on his PC and checking out the passport with complete silence was there. I felt a bit worried….Then he asked, are you sure I wasn’t your interviewer before? I said yes. Then he asked, Why do you want to go to America ?
    Me: I am a 6th yr med student in a program of 7 year. In my final year, its obligatory to complete 12 months of clerkship before graduation and to receive my medical diploma, and I wanted to spend 2 of them in US hospitals. I’ve been accepted in …. a program, and kindly see my acceptance letter.
    Him: Ok I don’t want to see it.
    * I started to worry since he was not welcoming to see any papers, and for me I believe the papers are the strongest things I have as a support to my words.
    Him: you are going to stay 2 months, right ?
    Me : yes, 2 months from …to ..
    Him: So why do you want to spend two months in the US since it is not important for your graduation here ?
    Me: I’ve been approved based on my academic background and success and such an experience will enrich my CV plus I will receive academic credit. This is my dean’s recommendation letter.
    Him: I don’t believe in papers. I don’t want to see any papers.
    * Again I looked confused and started to talk randomly afterwards and perceived I am going to take another rejection after a while.
    Him: (looking suspiciously and silent) Your reason of traveling doesn’t make sense to me.
    Me : Can I explain something sir ?
    Him: wait…after awhile, what do you want to explain?
    Me: I was rejected before and I didn’t know whether or not I applied to the correct type of visa but after I attending the visa orientation session here in the embassy and according to the dep. Of state FAM stating ….
    Him: I know you are on the correct type of visa. B1B2 is correct. This is not what I wanted to say. Your reason for travel is not making any sense for me since its not required for your practice here.
    Him: Anyway how can you pay for this ?
    ME : My father will fund me, this is my father’s bank statement. He disregarded it and kept asking…
    Him: what does your father work?
    Me : He is a consultant teacher
    Him: How much is his income?
    Me : around 7000l.e per month.
    Him: Is that what you said before?
    Me : (Slurred) Yes..hmmmm…the overall income is 7000le including other businesses.
    * I said in my previous interview 3000le as a governmental salary only, this time I said 7000 as an overall income including other businesses. I just thought if the previous interviewer registered everything I said and he just found out that I changed my answer this time. That’s why I looked confused and worried for a bit.
    Him: So how much will it cost you for 2 months?
    Me : around 4000$ for 2 months.
    Him: So your father income is 1000$ per month and it will cost you $4000!! ( looking unsatisfied)
    ME : I have my father’s bank statement which will cover my travel expenses.
    Him: He repeated the same statement in a low vibrant voice and looked unsatisfied.
    ME: Sorry sir, I didn’t get your question!
    Him: Ok, I know you won’t understand!!! ( Silence )
    Me: There is one thing sir. The program would grant me this rotations for free..no application fee.. no tuition fee.. only housing and tickets will be on my own self.
    Him: How is that happen ? I don’t believe that.
    Me: I have the program requirement print, there is no fee required. would you like to see them? And I have my acceptance letter. Please see it. I begged him to see the letter.
    Him: ( reluctant ) ok let me see it. He read it carelessly in two seconds. Then he threw it back to me.
    Him: I don’t think this is important for you. Doesn’t make sense to me, I am sorry.
    Me : Please sir it’s a big opportunity for me and its for free and would help my CV later.
    He : I am sorry I see you are not qualified as it makes no sense to me.
    Me : I kept begging him and talking randomly, I don’t remember what I did say, I was trying to convince him in a way or another and that turned out to be like an (argument).
    While I was talking to him, he said you should move going now as there is an applicant awaiting behind you. I looked back and I found a family
    awaiting me to leave. I took the rejection paper and passport thanked him.

Notes:

1- The interview was not quite in order as I described above. It was like an argument or something. He received my answers sporadically. When I say or offer something not appealing to his, he keep interrupting and saying this does make no sense to me!!
    2- I looked a bit worried and slurred in speech after saying I don’t believe in papers. He only saw my acceptance letter because of my persistent pressure on him and even after he did, seems like no sense is there. I don’t know how this reflected my attitude in the rest of interview!
    3- Low class father’s job ( teacher, ….etc) may ruin everything! They almost depend on father’s job income instead of bank statement.
    Reality is ugly!
    4- I don’t know what to do then!!! Please if you see my post–leave a comment, suggestion, hit like, anything….

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X