Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 or B2?

Hello,

I have a multiple entry B1-B2 visa for 10yrs and so far went twice in the US, both times entered on B1 status (conferences, collaboration with colleagues). Stayed max 2 months both times.
    This time I'd like to go for a longer visit, around 4 months, and I would go for both tourism and business. Even though I'll be staying in one place, my visit will cover tourism (visiting my friends), but also meeting collaborators and attending conferences. But tourism part will be longer than business.

What should I state as a prupose of the visit when I enter US? I would go for business, but would it be a problem that half of my there I will be doing tourism?
    And do I need to bring with me papers regarding collaboration with colleages, conferences, and any other papers needed for tourism part?

Thank you

Originally posted by Sue_Smith View Post
    Hello,

I have a multiple entry B1-B2 visa for 10yrs and so far went twice in the US, both times entered on B1 status (conferences, collaboration with colleagues). Stayed max 2 months both times.
    This time I'd like to go for a longer visit, around 4 months, and I would go for both tourism and business. Even though I'll be staying in one place, my visit will cover tourism (visiting my friends), but also meeting collaborators and attending conferences. But tourism part will be longer than business.

What should I state as a prupose of the visit when I enter US? I would go for business, but would it be a problem that half of my there I will be doing tourism?
    And do I need to bring with me papers regarding collaboration with colleages, conferences, and any other papers needed for tourism part?

Thank you
    If you enter on B1 you can certainly do tourism and business together. If you enter on B2 you can do only tourism and no work/business.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      If you enter on B1 you can certainly do tourism and business together. If you enter on B2 you can do only tourism and no work/business.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks, raghvi.

Any documents I should have with me to prove the purpose (either business or tourism) of the trip?

Comment

What do you do?
        Business or job?
        If you are an employee, take noc/ leave for the tourism period.
        Get invitation from whom you want to meet for business purposes.

Prepare an itinerary based on your tour plan.

This is my opinion, not a legal advice.

Comment

I do business, not job in US (not being payed, just collaboration).
          I am a doctorate student in EU, though not residing there currently, but in my home country (non-EU).
          I will have an invitation letter from a University and conference attendance confirmation, but tourism itinerary in between will be more flexible and will not have fixed dates and hotel reservations (staying with friends etc.).

Thank you for your answer.

Comment

Then you can show that invitation for business and for tourism you may prepare tentative itinerary. Keep handy of your frind's addresses and contact numbers if IO asks about that info you have to tell them.

Comment

I want to use b1 and b2 visa for USA, what will i do?
              Visa Australia Immigration

Comment

Mark,

You have to start new thread for your questions.

Any ways, are you holding B visa currently?

Comment

Originally posted by Ideal sol View Post
                  Mark,

You have to start new thread for your questions.

Any ways, are you holding B visa currently?
                  Thanks Sol... I have no idea about B visa.. suggest me can i apply both visa category..?
                  Visa Australia Immigration

Comment

It's depends on your purpose of visit.
                    If you're going for business, then apply for B1 or for tourism, you may apply for a B2 visa.

But generally they will give b1/b2 visa in most cases.

Comment

Originally posted by mark anderson1 View Post
                      Thanks Sol... I have no idea about B visa.. suggest me can i apply both visa category..?
                      Hi Mark...

Actually B-1 Visa is for business type.. and B-2 Visa is for tourist type... or may be you can apply both....

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X