B1 Visa to conduct research for a potential USA business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 Visa to conduct research for a potential USA business

I would like to explore options for setting up a new business in the USA.

I am from the UK and eligible for the 3 months under VWP, but I want to know if it's possible to get a longer period, should I need it.

Currently I am a (non-exec) director and outright owner of a small company in the UK with physical permanent premises.

Turnover approx £500,000 ($770)
    Annual net profit after my salary is approx £100,000. ($155k)
    I have about £250k ($311k) liquid cash available to invest in a new venture
    I’m also willing to invest future revenues of the business.

I would like to explore business options in the US, but I don't have specific plan. I'd just like to head over to SF and hang out, conduct research into the viability of expansion, and look for entirely unrelated investment opportunities.

More concrete options including:

- US sales office for my UK business
    - Create a distinct UK company modelled on the UK business
    - Set up a completely new business in a totally different area, yet to be identified
    - Invest in an existing USA company.

Initially I’m primarily interested, in options that would allow be longer stays than the 90 day VWP.

Could anyone offer some preliminary suggestions?

I understand if I apply for the B1 and it's refused, I lose the right to the VWP?

There are few companies offer services to start branches of foreign companies in the USA. Even they can help you promote your business/products in the US market and or they may even support/ advise you buying existing US business.
    You can Google and get the info easily if not, feel free to give a personal message with your email ID. I will suggest couple of companies who deals with it.

Good luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X