Can Immigration Officer restrict entry for multiple B1 Visits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Immigration Officer restrict entry for multiple B1 Visits

I have visited the U.S half a dozen times on my B1 VISA.
    Last time I visited, the immigration officer grilled me for half-an-hour.
    At the end he mentioned something like "You have come to the U.S. for (air-quotes)Technical Discussions(air-quotes) way too many times. Next time, you better come on an L1 or H1B. I have noted this on your file". So saying, he typed something on his computer.
    Now, I know from reading other posts in the forum that as long as I have strong reasons, no one can stop me from entering the U.S. on a valid VISA.

However, the paranoid me wants to know if there are more out there who have received such a "warning" ?
    Can an immigration officer actually make comments like above in our "file" for other officers to read, which can cause me trouble if I try to go again on B1 VISA ?

Originally posted by raseel View Post
    I have visited the U.S half a dozen times on my B1 VISA.
    Last time I visited, the immigration officer grilled me for half-an-hour.
    At the end he mentioned something like "You have come to the U.S. for (air-quotes)Technical Discussions(air-quotes) way too many times. Next time, you better come on an L1 or H1B. I have noted this on your file". So saying, he typed something on his computer.
    Now, I know from reading other posts in the forum that as long as I have strong reasons, no one can stop me from entering the U.S. on a valid VISA.

However, the paranoid me wants to know if there are more out there who have received such a "warning" ?
    Can an immigration officer actually make comments like above in our "file" for other officers to read, which can cause me trouble if I try to go again on B1 VISA ?
    Of course they can and they are well within their rights to do so .

When a multi millionaire Bollywood star can be quizzed by a federal officer at the POE, when a diplomat can be arrested in public, when a popular leader can be refused a visa, it wouldn't surprise me if they did a refusal of entry to a mere B1 holder .

If you were the CEO or CFO of a multi billion dollar MNC a refusal can make it to headlines of news papers, nothing more...

If I were you, I would take their advice seriously and do as directed and ask company to process H1 or L1 for very frequent trips.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

How frequent were your trips?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X