B1 Visa - Help needed on Trip Sponsor question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 Visa - Help needed on Trip Sponsor question

Hi, I am a teacher at a private primary school and have received an invitation to attend 3 day conference in USA as my white paper was selected by them and thus has applied for B1 VISA to attend the same. This trip is not sponsored by organizer or my school and I will be travelling alone to attend this seminar on my expense.

Question:
    While filling DS 160 i mentioned the Trip has self sponsored for the reason mentioned above. If my Bank statement with Fixed deposite (enough to sponser my entire trip expense) in my account will be sufficient to prove my Financial capability to self sponsore the trip. As i do not have tax returns or payslips directed to the bank account
    2nd Option:
    shall i change my DS 160 to mark the sponsor of the trip as Other (my spouse) who can present his bank statement as well as payslips and tax returns to sponsor my trip.

Question:
    Also the list of document apart from my invitation letter i should carry to present my case better.

Quick response will be of great help as i have my interview scheduled 28th Feb only. Thanks in Advance!

Any suggestions on this query please...This is a bit urgent..

Comment

Originally posted by anki View Post
      Hi, I am a teacher at a private primary school and have received an invitation to attend 3 day conference in USA as my white paper was selected by them and thus has applied for B1 VISA to attend the same. This trip is not sponsored by organizer or my school and I will be travelling alone to attend this seminar on my expense.

Question:
      While filling DS 160 i mentioned the Trip has self sponsored for the reason mentioned above. If my Bank statement with Fixed deposite (enough to sponser my entire trip expense) in my account will be sufficient to prove my Financial capability to self sponsore the trip. As i do not have tax returns or payslips directed to the bank account
      2nd Option:
      shall i change my DS 160 to mark the sponsor of the trip as Other (my spouse) who can present his bank statement as well as payslips and tax returns to sponsor my trip.

Question:
      Also the list of document apart from my invitation letter i should carry to present my case better.

Quick response will be of great help as i have my interview scheduled 28th Feb only. Thanks in Advance!
      Any particular reason why you dont have a payslip or tax return? Regular good income is a strong positive in deciding the visa interview outcome. If you dont have it your best bet would be to make your spouse as the sponsor.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X