Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paid Training (coding bootcamp) / b1 visa not rejected, not approved no information..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paid Training (coding bootcamp) / b1 visa not rejected, not approved no information..

Hello,

I applied for b1/b2 visa. Need to be in the states for a training that last 3 months (its a coding bootcamp). I had an official letter signed by my company stating and confirming that all training expenses, travel and accommodation during my stay were going to be paid by them, and that during my stay in us I will have been receiving my salary fully.

I also handed the contract with the coding bootcamp, and the problem is that the company names trainee students in their contract. Officer thought I was going to attend school and not training. He told me that he wanted me to go but he needed to be sure that the proper visa was given me, and therefore he needed to investigate deeper and perhaps call the bootcamp company in the states. He then told me that I could go home and that he will get in touch. (my finger prints were taken, and my passport, company letter and bootcamp contract remained within the officer).

The problem is that the bootcamp is not certified and cannot help with any type of visa, that's why normally people attend them only b2 visa. My situation as my company was paying fully for it as a professional training for my self was slightly different tough...

What should I expect/do now?
    Should I wait, how long should I expect a response and of which type?
    Should I perhaps withdraw my application as they told me that it may not be the right one?
    or do you have an other suggestion to give me?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by reactor; 03-19-2015, 12:15 PM.

You can check the US Travel Docs site, in all probability your visa has been put on Administrative Processing. It doesn't mean rejection. It means visa officer was not able to make an instant decision and needs to verify some additional aspects before granting you a visa.

There is no set time limit as to how long AP can take. And do keep an eye on your email, as you might be asked to provide additional information / documents.

All you can do in such cases is wait and watch.

Comment

Thank you me_shaan,
      yes the thing is under Administrative Processing.

I Hope that applying for b1/b2 for that scenario was right, perhaps was better an h3 ???
      Also, in the case that the b1/b2 was not the right visa to ask for, as the Officer thought, what will happen? Will the officer change the b1/b2 request into an h3? Or how that works?

Thanks again

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X