Business travel with B1 in lieu of H1B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business travel with B1 in lieu of H1B

I hold a visa of type B1/B2 with the annotation 'B1 IN LIEU OF H1B' This was issued in India while I was working for my previous employer. The visa is multi entry with validity of 10 years. I had traveled to the US in 2010 to carry out technical work for a client for 3 months and since returned to India.

I am currently employed with a different organization and live in another country. I need to attend a company training in the US in May. Can I travel with the visa that I hold or do I need to apply for a new B1/B2? I particularly would like to know if my B1/B2 visa that has the annotation 'B1 in lieu of H1B' allows me to travel for business / tourism in subsequent visits to the US.

Business travel with b1 in lieu of h1b

Hi,

I am in the same situation where i have been issued with 'B1 in lieu of H1B' which is valid till march 2016 when working with previous employer. Now, i am with new employer and they require me to go there for a week for same purpose. Do i need to apply for a seperate visa or can i use the same?

Originally posted by omeg View Post
    I hold a visa of type B1/B2 with the annotation 'B1 IN LIEU OF H1B' This was issued in India while I was working for my previous employer. The visa is multi entry with validity of 10 years. I had traveled to the US in 2010 to carry out technical work for a client for 3 months and since returned to India.

I am currently employed with a different organization and live in another country. I need to attend a company training in the US in May. Can I travel with the visa that I hold or do I need to apply for a new B1/B2? I particularly would like to know if my B1/B2 visa that has the annotation 'B1 in lieu of H1B' allows me to travel for business / tourism in subsequent visits to the US.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X