Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent help for B1 visa consulate interview

Hello Sir,

I have applied for B1 visa to exhibit in MakerFair, Bay Area on 14-17 May 2015.
    My ofc appointment is on 7th April 2015 and consulate appointment is on 8th April 2015.

Brief about my question and my self:

I Patel,
    Degree: B.Engg - Computer Science & Engineering (2014 Passout)
    Total Income (This year): ~7 lakhs INR
    Other Countries Visited: Yes (Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand in December 2009)
    Assets (of Mine,Dad,Mom,GrandPaa) valuation: ~4 crore
    Father's Occupation: Banker - SBI
    Father's Income: >10L

Sir, I have started my 1st company in 2012 and my current company (which I co-founded and getting director's pay) in 2014.
    I am taking 50k/month as director's pay from my 2nd company through check and 10k/Month from my 1st company through cash.

One of my product is selected to exhibit in MakerFair, Bay Area - A renown fair on tech innovation and maker movement in the world.

I have stated that I, myself is going to bear the cost of my trip to US.

Now, my worry is I have filed IT return of 5 lacs for last fiscal year. Should I worry about my financial case.

My current company (founded in 2014) is a venture of well known group of companies.

What short of documents I should prepare and carry for consulate interview?

Thanks & Regards,
    I Patel

You have good chances of approval of visa, if you can present your case in a proper way, before the VO.

You focus more on how to explain about your project than financials. Any way, you can't change them now. So be confident and explain VO about your product/project and how it is important to you to participate in the conference and how it is going to help you in future, and how you want to use that knowledge after coming back to India.

You may carry Invitation form event organizers along with all supportive documents like:

ITR for last 3years,
    Business proof (Registration certificate)
    Bank statements for 6months (company& personal)
    Your business card,
    Intellectual property right certs. ( if any)
    If you have any website, (this will be added advantage) print the web address on it.

Additional tips:
    Create your profile on multiple networking/b2b websites, which will increase your online visibility.
    Post your project thesis on multiple technology blogs (if VO goggles about your name/company name it should display as much results as possible)
    Create your profile professionally on LinkedIn account.

Above all.. be confident, mind your body language and verbal language. Give straight and brief answers to VO. Wear nice suit/formal dress. (Suite is preferable)

Good luck.

But, don't get disappointed, if the visa is rejected because of your young age and single status.

Don't forget to share your experience.

This is my opinion, not a legal advice.

Comment

Got my visa approved!!

Thank you sir for your reply.

I am here to update the thread that "I GOT MY VISA APPROVED!!"

Here what was the actual conversation with VO,

VO: Can I have your passport?

I: Good Morning sir (while giving my passport)

VO: Very Good Morning!, What is the business purpose of your travel to USA?

I: To exhibit at Maker Faire Bay Area.

VO: Have you been to USA before?

I: No

VO: Have you been outside India before?

I: Yes, I have visited xxx countries.

VO: What was the purpose of those visits?

I: Mostly pleasure purpose.

VO: Do you have any family in India?

I: Yes, I do.

VO: Who are they?

I: My mom, dad, sis..etc.

VO: Okay.. I assume you can sponsor your self as Innovators now-a-days are richer!! (jokingly)

Then, VO: You visa is approved! Thank you!

I: Thanks to you!!

The conversation was like, friend is talking to some friend! and duration was hardly a minute..

--
      Ishan Patel

Originally posted by Ideal sol View Post
      You have good chances of approval of visa, if you can present your case in a proper way, before the VO.

You focus more on how to explain about your project than financials. Any way, you can't change them now. So be confident and explain VO about your product/project and how it is important to you to participate in the conference and how it is going to help you in future, and how you want to use that knowledge after coming back to India.

You may carry Invitation form event organizers along with all supportive documents like:

ITR for last 3years,
      Business proof (Registration certificate)
      Bank statements for 6months (company& personal)
      Your business card,
      Intellectual property right certs. ( if any)
      If you have any website, (this will be added advantage) print the web address on it.

Additional tips:
      Create your profile on multiple networking/b2b websites, which will increase your online visibility.
      Post your project thesis on multiple technology blogs (if VO goggles about your name/company name it should display as much results as possible)
      Create your profile professionally on LinkedIn account.

Above all.. be confident, mind your body language and verbal language. Give straight and brief answers to VO. Wear nice suit/formal dress. (Suite is preferable)

Good luck.

But, don't get disappointed, if the visa is rejected because of your young age and single status.

Don't forget to share your experience.

This is my opinion, not a legal advice.

Comment

Hey dear congrats finally you get your visa by following helping replies on this forum.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X