b1 application from russia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b1 application from russia

Hi all, i recently split from my russian gf after having her come to the US on a k1 visa... it became apparent soon after her arrival that her intention was too work (remotely from my home for her social media company in russia)... she went on several trips on the east coast to attend social media conferences and make contacts, etc, and then report back to her company in russia. they continued to pay her on her russian bank account. our relationship started to falter as i grew more concerned of her intention re the k1 visa. she also kept her apartment in russia, so she could return. she left the country within 90 days but told me she plans to come back on a b1 visa to do the same thing, i.e. work for her russian company or get back in the country and stay somehow

My question is should i report this to the russian consulate as a misrepresentation and then what would her chances be of getting the b1? she is 27, single, doesn't own any property or have any assets in russia. what are her chances of being approved for a b1? her current boss (at a small start up in russia) has said he will help her get the b1. i'm wondering what her chances are in general and if and to who i should report any of her activity in the US, if i chose to do so?

thanks for any help
    sid

Short answer, just leave it be. You have every right to feel hurt and be angry. Sid, think about what your mom would say about trying to 'narc on an ex, or other vengeful actions.

That said, your ex is dreaming if she thinks she is going to get a non-immigrant visa to visit the United States ever again.

I can not understand why folks who start down the path of marriage-based immigration do not take it down a little further. She could have easily gotten a green card, and US citizenship after three years. She could have then dumped you and gone on to marry some rich Russian who himself was desperate for a green card. She made her choices, and she has to live with it.

The Document and Benefit Fraud Task Forces is a multi-agency crew within the Department of Homeland Security who would love to hear reports of marriage fraud. Your ex's actions do not rise to this level, obviously, as she did not go through with marriage fraud.

Many K1 visa holders end up not marrying their petitioners, and those who return to their homeland within the proscribed time period will be considered as having followed the rules.

The kind of K1 fraud DHS will crack down is when the K1 beneficiary abandons you for a life in the United States. She clearly did not do that.

Comment

reply, k1 to b1

I believe you are correct in leaving it be... i've talked a lot about this with many friends who all say to just let it go... however she seems to think, and her boss in Russia has told her, that she can get a B1 visa without any problem. Why do you think she has no chance? She plans on returning in a few months and thinks the visa will not be an issue? Why would they deny her? Her facts are: 27 yo, female, makes about 50k rubles a month, works for a small company with no ties to the US, has no money/savings, rents an apartment, and has been at her current job since Jan 2015

Quote:
      Short answer, just leave it be. You have every right to feel hurt and be angry. Sid, think about what your mom would say about trying to 'narc on an ex, or other vengeful actions.

That said, your ex is dreaming if she thinks she is going to get a non-immigrant visa to visit the United States ever again.

I can not understand why folks who start down the path of marriage-based immigration do not take it down a little further. She could have easily gotten a green card, and US citizenship after three years. She could have then dumped you and gone on to marry some rich Russian who himself was desperate for a green card. She made her choices, and she has to live with it.

The Document and Benefit Fraud Task Forces is a multi-agency crew within the Department of Homeland Security who would love to hear reports of marriage fraud. Your ex's actions do not rise to this level, obviously, as she did not go through with marriage fraud.

Many K1 visa holders end up not marrying their petitioners, and those who return to their homeland within the proscribed time period will be considered as having followed the rules.

The kind of K1 fraud DHS will crack down is when the K1 beneficiary abandons you for a life in the United States. She clearly did not do that.

Comment

K1 to B1

they don't look at her possible ties to US instead what are her ties to Russia. Being single, renting, no savings, only on her current job for a few months, they might feel like she has no reason to go back to Russia especially since she has already been to the US on a K1. They will think she is just looking for a way to get in the US and then will stay. That's why she would be denied a B1/B2 visa.
        This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X