Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business & Pleasure - Family Ties

Hi!

I have applied for B1. Want to go for academmic conference presentation. I would like to stay longer than the confernce period. I have relatives n friends n US. Should I show these connections. Will it make the case weaker. Especially on the background that I am single, young and a freelance rsearcher (without a permanant job as such).

----

I think in your visa application form you have to mention all relatives living in America. Mention it if they are first/second cousins is what I would say. No need to mention anything if they are distant relatives.

To answer your question you need not be worried about mentioning relatives. Just show that you are there for a business visit and that you plan to visit friends after that. Don't elaborate on details unless asked.

Keep in mind that you will also have to put down where you plan to stay. I usually mention a hotel name and leave it that. Usually I have a room reservation anyway but the fact that it can be changed at any time has no effect at the time of visa application.

Hope this helps.
    Nikhil Nayak
    Secunderabad, India

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X