Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port of Entry Related Query and Stay related issue

Hi,

I am planning to go US in July on Business Visa B1 , I would like to know few things from your end.

1. Question which they ask at the time of port of entry.
    2. Any document is required from my Indian company and US (Client ) company end. Please suggest me list of docs which i needs to produced at the time of port entry.
    3. My Brother is living in USA and I want to stay at my brother place as both my brother and company are at same location so to save cost ( Hotel ) cost i decided to stay at my brother House. Now will it create some problem during port of entry.

4. I have business / official plan for two week but i want to extend 1 week extra for visiting purpose can I do If yes then how will convince to Immigration office for this as Company will give me agenda on their letter head for two week only. Please suggest.

also if you have other inputs also please share..

Thanks
    Ayansh

Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Can Carry below documents

They will ask for your purpose of travel and will stamp (admitted B1) at the immigration
      documents you can carry Sufficient forex with Receipt /International credit card/copy of e ticket which must have return travel information on it/Covering Letter from the employer with boarding and lodging expenses bare by them mention on it/invite copy from us counterpart with purpose of travel mention on it..
      Last edited by GAURAVTND; 06-15-2016, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Want to stay 5 Days extra after official 2 Week training program

Hi,

Can any one suggest with proper guidance that My company is ready to send me for two week from 11 to 22 July but i want to stay another week as my elder brother is also living in same city.

Then What should i do in case if If Immigration officer will ask about return ticket .

Here are challenges that If I say that I will be returned on 31st July then they will probably ask reason why ? as on my client letter its mentioned only two week.

And If i don't book ticket and planning to stay one more week , Will there be problem like if immigration officer ask where is your return ticket ?

Suggest me some tips in secure way.

Thanks
        Ayansh

Comment

Originally posted by umeshs2211 View Post
          Hi,

Can any one suggest with proper guidance that My company is ready to send me for two week from 11 to 22 July but i want to stay another week as my elder brother is also living in same city.

Then What should i do in case if If Immigration officer will ask about return ticket .

Here are challenges that If I say that I will be returned on 31st July then they will probably ask reason why ? as on my client letter its mentioned only two week.

And If i don't book ticket and planning to stay one more week , Will there be problem like if immigration officer ask where is your return ticket ?

Suggest me some tips in secure way.

Thanks
          Ayansh
          you have 2 options
          1st is to get an updated invite from US with till 31 July mention as return date mention on it.
          2nd Carry Passport copy & Visa Copy of your brother with formal invite from his side which should have your name as per passport/ passport no./expected stay date with him /with your Boarding & Lodging expenses bear by him mention on it..

Comment

3 Week stay is okay on B1

Originally posted by GAURAVTND View Post
            you have 2 options
            1st is to get an updated invite from US with till 31 July mention as return date mention on it.
            2nd Carry Passport copy & Visa Copy of your brother with formal invite from his side which should have your name as per passport/ passport no./expected stay date with him /with your Boarding & Lodging expenses bear by him mention on it..

Hi ,

If I select 1st option ie. to get updated letter from client till 31st July then is it okay to stay 3 week on B1 ,

Will it not create any problem at port of entry ? Could you please confirm this one also ; As my client is so co-operative and he knows that my brother is living and I will express additional 5 days stay request he will surely support. But would like to check from immigration officer end,

Will it be okay ? for three week stay case..?

Please suggest me

Comment

Hi ,

If I select 1st option ie. to get updated letter from client till 31st July then is it okay to stay 3 week on B1 ,

Will it not create any problem at port of entry ? Could you please confirm this one also ; As my client is so co-operative and he knows that my brother is living and I will express additional 5 days stay request he will surely support. But would like to check from immigration officer end,

Please suggest me
              Yes its ok & should be any problem by doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by GAURAVTND View Post
                Yes its ok & should be any problem by doing this.
                Please be careful with your suggestions.

Comment

Hi ,

Please suggest me
                  You cannot lie on an invitation letter, and neither should your company. If travelling 2 weeks on an official assignment and a week for personal reasons, state so to the CBP. An officer is likely to understand a person travelling half way across the world (assuming you're in India) wishes to stay a few days past an official visit.

CBP officers have heard every excuse in the world; they are not stupid. Never ever produce a document that misstates facts, or lie to an officer.

Comment

Clarification on My Travel on B1 Visa

Hi,

I have invitation letter from client is for two week, and after that i want to stay one week more , as my elder brother is living in same city. ( Planning to start from 09 July and return 31st July 2016 )

Now could you please suggest me how will i pitch this situation with CBP officer.

like official business meeting :

11 July to 22 July 2016: Business meeting and

25 July to 29 July : Personal Stay with my brother

Now for second duration 25 to 29 July ; What are the docs I need and how should I provide the clarification.

Please suggest me is it possible tio merge business and personal stay on B1 visa ; Will be any issue during port of entry .Please sugggest.

Thanks
                    Ayansh

Comment

Originally posted by daggit View Post
                      Please be careful with your suggestions.
                      Hi both suggestions given and both are practical and will be working for the traveler also note travel plans are tend to change and invitee can also change the duration so not a big deal in it.

you have 2 options

Comment

Now could you please suggest me how will i pitch this situation with CBP officer.
                        Don't pitch. Tell the truth. Simple.

Comment

Staying related query and Docs required

Hi All,

Due to some changes in business meeting schedule ; Now I am going for Three week on business Visa and client has given me invite letter along with three week agenda.

Now As during Business trip I will be staying with my brother only.

So could you please tell me what are the docs I will be needed from my brother end. As I am going there for three week and will be staying at my brother house.

Thanks
                          Ayansh

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X