Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About required documents to apply for B1 (conference) visa

Dear all,

Hope this post finds you all in good health. I am writing to let you know that one of my academic research paper has been selected for oral presentation at an International Academic Conference at Harvard University 2016'. The conference will be held at Harvard University, from August 1 through August 3, 2016. So, I am planning to apply for a B1 conference visa shortly. I have never been to USA and its my 1st application for US visa. However, I went to Russia last month to present my research paper in an International Conference and it was my first visit outside of my Bangladesh. I am 32 years old, still single and have been working for an International University as Faculty for about 1 year and my existing contract will be expired in the year 2019 till I get the new one. The total cost of participation in conference will come from my research grant (a total of US $1,000) from my home institution, my personal bank account (around US $4000) and my credit card (limit up to US $3000).

Now my questions are:

My I eligible to get visa in B1 (conference) Category?
    Is this amount enough to proof my solvency?
    What are the documents required for me to apply for B1 visa?
    What are the documents I need to show VO?
    Do I need to submit any cover letter by explaining my travel plan?
    What are the Dos and Don'ts in B1 visa application?

Can anyone help me by answering my questions?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Originally posted by iftekharchy View Post
    . I am writing to let you know that one of my academic research paper has been selected for oral presentation
    Selected by whom?

The academic hosts should be able to guide international attendees, particularly a Harvard-affiliated conference.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X