Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 immediate refusal

Hello Everyone,

Looking for help to understand the reason of rejection.

I am 25 old, single male. Ukrainian passport. Working in Dubai for almost 1 year. Employed in US based international company. Software engineer. I am working in the same company for last 3 years. (before Dubai was working in Ukraine and Russia). Month income 4k USD.

Was invited to visit HQ for annual engineers meeting. I took to interview invitation letter and salary certificate.

In 2010 I received J1 visa refusal (Work&Travel program) due to poor english skills. I mentioned this in DS-160 application.

During last few years have visited few Middle East countries only, for business purposes.

Conversation was following:

Officer: GM, how are you?
    Me: GM, I am good, and you? (she scanned my passport and had been looking into screen for 10 seconds. She didnot ask for any other documents)

O: How long are you in Dubai?
    M: Almost 1 year. (she started looking into printed A4 paper with some tables behind the screen. At this point, as far as I understood, decision was made).

O: Where are you going?
    M: Annual meeting of technical staff of our corporation (i didnot give letter, maybe it was a mistake).

O: In what countries have you been?
    M: (mentioned few countries)

O: Sorry, I cannot give you a visa. Please find reasons in this paper (214 b).

Last 2 questions were formal and very quick. I did not give her letter or salary certificate.

Kindly help me to understand the reason of refusal and how long should I wait to apply again. My assumptions are:
    - young, not married, new to Dubai;
    - small travel experience;
    - J1 rejected before;
    - maybe personal/my behavior (however, i was polite and relaxed, I was sure that will get a visa).

The fact that she did not ask anything is very embarrassing, looks like the reason of rejection is pretty serious.

Thank you for any help.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X