Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 visa reapplication

Hi All,

I am working in an IT company from last 3 years. I have total 6+ years of experience.
    My company applied for my B1 visa in March-2017 at that time my visa was rejected.

Below questions are asked:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    VO : Why are you going to US?
    Me : For Business review meetings, Knowledge transfer sessions and to understand the system of my client, to have direct communication with the end users.

VO : Duration?
    Me : 28days, 4 weeks.

VO : Why your company sending you?
    Me : I have 6 years of experience in similar domain.

VO : Sorry, your visa is rejected. You can apply next time.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He didn't ask me any documents and rejected me.
    I think the duration is the problem. Now I am planning to apply again for 2 weeks only.
    Should I wait for some months? or apply immediately ? What should I take care this time? Please advise me.

Thanks in advance.

Four weeks to meet clients? They probably thought you were going there to do work

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
      Four weeks to meet clients? They probably thought you were going there to do work
      Yes I guess that was the problem.

Should I wait for some months? or re-apply immediately ? What should I take care this time? Please advise me.

Comment

I suggest you practice a narrative that credibly explains your plans for your temporary stay in the United States, in conformance with the B-2 visa you are applying for

The foreign affairs manual 9 FAM 41.3 N8 states

Aliens should be classified B-1 visitors for business, if otherwise eligible, if they are traveling to the United States to:
        (1) Engage in commercial transactions, which do not involve gainful employment in the United States (such as a merchant who takes orders for goods manufactured abroad);
        (2) Negotiate contracts;
        (3) Consult with business associates;
        (4) Litigate;
        (5) Participate in scientific, educational, professional, or business conventions, conferences, or seminars; or
        (6) Undertake independent research.
        Avoid using industry jargon that a consular officer is unfamiliar with or is ambiguous in its meaning, such as "knowledge transfer". I would argue that eliciting requirements for work to be performed by your employer abroad is akin to "taking orders for goods manufactured abroad". I don't really know what your work objectives are, but it sounds pretty suspicious to me that it would take 4 weeks to elicit requirements - and I'm quite the sympathetic ear here, as opposed to consular officials.

If you plan on doing real work, then understand the procedures and requirements for obtaining a "B-1 in lieu of H-1" type visa. Expect substantially more scrutiny as consular officers cannot approve such themselves, and require an Advisory Opinion from their superiors

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X