X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1/B2 visa refused under 214b

Hi,

Today my B1/B2 was refused under 214b.

Prior to applying, I had removed my previous US visa that was cancelled without prejudice from my old passport. I was asked the question why did I do that(during the interview); I said because I was afraid it could cause issues for me while traveling since there is a big cancellation stamp.

Now what can I do If I re-apply? That is my only and true answer. How can I overcome such situation.

Rgds,

Why was your previous visa cancelled?

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
      Why was your previous visa cancelled?
      It was cancelled because I cancelled my travel plans and informed the US consulate of the same. So I got a "cancellation without prejudice stamp".

Comment

Can anyone advise here?

Comment

Usually, I'd ask you about the details of your life and the purpose for which you seek a B visa. This is so I can comment on your ties to your home abroad as well as consider if your intended purpose is consistent with the regulations governing the visa that you seek. In your case, you have been granted a B visa in recent years, so you've already passed both tests before in the eyes of consular officers. Let us know, in addition to the above details, what has changed in your life and travel purpose since your last visa issuance. It doesn't help your case that consular officers see you as "that guy who tampers with his passport"

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
            Usually, I'd ask you about the details of your life and the purpose for which you seek a B visa. This is so I can comment on your ties to your home abroad as well as consider if your intended purpose is consistent with the regulations governing the visa that you seek. In your case, you have been granted a B visa in recent years, so you've already passed both tests before in the eyes of consular officers. Let us know, in addition to the above details, what has changed in your life and travel purpose since your last visa issuance. It doesn't help your case that consular officers see you as "that guy who tampers with his passport"

I have a conference that I need to attend 5 days only. I have significant ties to my home country that includes over $1m of real estate investments.

So, If I apply again would sort of answer they would like to hear about why I removed the visa sticker.

Comment

Renew your passport, and present them with an untampered passport. Hopefully the question will not come up

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X