Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for a B1 visa before joining the new employer

Hi,

1) I recently left my job to move to a different employer. However their is a two week gap before joining the new employer. My new employer has asked me to process my b1 visa as i am required to travel for a 2 week training to USA 1 week after joining. To get my visa ready I will need to process my visa before I join the new employer. This means my visa interview date will be before my joining date on the offer letter. Will this create any problem in getting the visa approved?

2)Also, I will not have any pay slips from the new employer to show the visa officer.Let me know if this can be an issue as well. How can I address this issue?

3) Given the above circumstances, who should I list as my current employer on the DS-160 form? I have left my previous employer and have not joined my new employer yet.

Thanks

I am in same delima. Please someone reply what should be done here.

Comment

Originally posted by ppt1234 View Post
      Hi,

1) I recently left my job to move to a different employer. However their is a two week gap before joining the new employer. My new employer has asked me to process my b1 visa as i am required to travel for a 2 week training to USA 1 week after joining. To get my visa ready I will need to process my visa before I join the new employer. This means my visa interview date will be before my joining date on the offer letter. Will this create any problem in getting the visa approved?

2)Also, I will not have any pay slips from the new employer to show the visa officer.Let me know if this can be an issue as well. How can I address this issue?

3) Given the above circumstances, who should I list as my current employer on the DS-160 form? I have left my previous employer and have not joined my new employer yet.

Thanks
      I am in same situation. anyone has any idea on it?

Comment

Hi,

I am in same situation. Did you get any information on it.

Thanks,

Originally posted by ppt1234 View Post
        Hi,

Thanks

Comment

Whats the answer to this ? I am in the same situation. Can anyone pls share

Comment

Originally posted by aman1 View Post
            Whats the answer to this ? I am in the same situation. Can anyone pls share
            Couple of obvious things:
            1. Cant you wait to join your new employer before applying for the visa? If no, what critical project you will be working on, put that in the form.
            2. Applying after joining new employer will increase the chance of approval - you can better represent yourself and your company.
            - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
              Couple of obvious things:
              1. Cant you wait to join your new employer before applying for the visa? If no, what critical project you will be working on, put that in the form.
              2. Applying after joining new employer will increase the chance of approval - you can better represent yourself and your company.
              Actually, I am required to go to US for on boarding not functional training before I start my work.

Comment

Originally posted by aman1 View Post
                Actually, I am required to go to US for on boarding not functional training before I start my work.
                Hope you noticed Ashish's response @ https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...e-new-employer
                - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X