Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 Visa Rejected for Parents Applying from the US Consulate - Dubai

Hello Immi Helpers,
    My parents had a visa interview at the Dubai US Consulate and were rejected with a 214b. I had completed their DS-160 and listed myself as the sponsor. To give you a background; I was born in Dubai and my parents have lived there for quite a while, I am currently working on my H1B.

Below are the series of questions that were asked:

VO: GM
    Parents: GM

VO: Please hand me your passports
    Parents: Hand over the passports

VO: What is your purpose of visit to the US ?
    Dad: We would like to spend some time with our Son, DIL and to visit X, Y, Z places

VO: Where does your son work ?
    Dad: XYZ with City/State

VO: Your son is on H1B?
    Dad: Yes

VO: How long have you been in Dubai ? (While looking at my Dad)
    Dad: I came here in 1978

VO takes a sip of water while looking at her screen?..

VO: How long have you worked here ?
    Dad: Approximately 40 years

VO: What are your retirement plans ?
    Mom: We don?t have any plans yet, we both are currently employed and have work commitments here. Dad and Mom then explain their job descriptions, roles.

VO: Where will you go after your retirement?
    Mom: We will go back to our home country ? India (My parents had the property papers of India, bank details from there but weren?t asked to show)

VO: Can I have a look at your payslips, Bank statements ?
    Mom & Dad gave the docs, VO has a quick glance and starts to type on her computer.

VO: Sorry, you are ineligible for the Non Immigrant visa and hands over the 214b
    My Mom assumed that the VO looked something at the payslips and bank statements and thought that the money wasn?t enough (they had a total of around $7k), my Mom tried to explain that our son will be sponsoring us and will take or all the expenses like ticket, travel, etc but VO repeats ?Sorry, you are ineligible for the Non Immigrant visa?
    My parents say ?thank you? and leave with their documents.
    I wonder that the VO assumed that my parents were close to their retirement and want to migrate to the US and that because they have lived away for so long that they don?t have sufficient ties to India. What could be other reasons for the rejection ?
    Should we reapply now with documents showing ties to India (property, bank details) ? or should we consult an immigration lawyer ?
    My parents worked hard on preparing for the IV and are heartbroken now.

Please share your suggestions, thanks for reading !

They are not showing strong ties to neither India nor Dubai (no retirement plans).
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thank you !

They did have official leave letters with intended dates for return, also had documents to show ties to India but weren't asked to show. We were advised not to show documents unless directed to :-(

Do you think reapplying with similar docs maybe sufficient, not sure if it contributes to 'change in circumstance'. Please advice.

Comment

Originally posted by GIG View Post
        Thank you !

They did have official leave letters with intended dates for return, also had documents to show ties to India but weren't asked to show. We were advised not to show documents unless directed to :-(

Do you think reapplying with similar docs maybe sufficient, not sure if it contributes to 'change in circumstance'. Please advice.
        There was an opportunity to show ties to India - by responding that there is a "retirement plan" to move back to India & do farming (for example) in the property they have etc. etc.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
          There was an opportunity to show ties to India - by responding that there is a "retirement plan" to move back to India & do farming (for example) in the property they have etc. etc.
          Agreed, that's a lesson learned, but is it too late now ? Based on your experience, can these additional docs (property papers, bank accounts) be a sufficient reason for reapplying ?

Comment

My suggestion would be to go to India & apply from there - showing you are done with Dubai & now living in India only.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X