Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 Visa Question

Hi Everyone
    I work for one of a top US companies offshore office in India ( Since 4 years in a Sr level / Management role ), I wanted to apply for b1/b2 visa, our onsite ( US office ) HR is ready to issue letter that is required for B1 visa ( this is been issued on her personal risk, my company CEO or any of the top management is not aware of it ) so my question is
    while in this process will my company can come to know about my application & visa processing ?
    if i grant a visa what are the other conveniences ?
    i might sound stupid but i am looking forward for further answer

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hi Everyone
    I work for one of a top US companies offshore office in India ( Since 4 years in a Sr level / Management role ), I wanted to apply for b1/b2 visa, our onsite ( US office ) HR is ready to issue letter that is required for B1 visa ( this is been issued on her personal risk, my company CEO or any of the top management is not aware of it ) so my question is
    while in this process will my company can come to know about my application & visa processing ?
    if i grant a visa what are the other conveniences ?
    i might sound stupid but i am looking forward for further answer
    what is your purpose of traveling to the US? how much do you make per year? has your company(no just HR secretly doing so) approved your travel and time off? you have friends, family, or a girl/boyfriend/fiance in the US? do you have relatives in India that you care for or do you own property in India? have you traveled anywhere else? these are all questions you'll more than likely be asked and will need to answer truthfully, just having a letter from HR isn't going to cut it especially if management doesn't know and hasn't approved of this. just based on the limited amount of information you have provided, I'd say your chances of getting the visa are almost none. and the chances of the management of your company finding out are incredibly high. also even if you answer truthfully to the above questions, the final decision is up to the VO's personal preference and they could deny you solely on the fact that the chef at the restaurant they had breakfast at cooked their eggs wrong and caused them to have heartburn and made them angry for the rest of the day. best of luck.
    This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

B1 Visa Question

My Purpose of trip was to visit a friend & spend some time with there family he was on immigration status so he is not comfortable to give me a invitation letter, so i thought this might be an workable option. & I was going only for 2 weeks where my company in India has accepted this leave.In India i make around 6 Digit salary per month since few years.
      My management was not aware of the travel just my HR was helping me in getting a letter.
      Well that's true it was always depends in VO for a final approval. If in case i get a visa or denial will my company come to know that, this is more important to me.

Please advice. Thank you for earlier response.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
        My Purpose of trip was to visit a friend & spend some time with there family he was on immigration status so he is not comfortable to give me a invitation letter, so i thought this might be an workable option. & I was going only for 2 weeks where my company in India has accepted this leave.In India i make around 6 Digit salary per month since few years.
        My management was not aware of the travel just my HR was helping me in getting a letter.
        Well that's true it was always depends in VO for a final approval. If in case i get a visa or denial will my company come to know that, this is more important to me.

Please advice. Thank you for earlier response.
        No one really knows on how the background verification process works for US embassy. Surely its not only the interview which decides your visa.

If somehow they submit your application for administrative processing, they will contact your employer & ask for explanation of your visit. If they found the invitation letter was not original, they can ban you for all of your future visits & your company will surely fire both of you.

The best advice is not to lie, but request your company to give a genuine letter.

If possible, you can request your employer that you'll be visiting your US office on your own expense & meet your counter parts face-to-face for a better relation & work.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X