B1 Visa - could this work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 Visa - could this work?

My girlfriend is moving to Los Angeles to work, while I am in Sweden trying to move with her.

I know the CEO of a global company with offices in the US. The company is not my employer atm, but I have worked there before. I was thinking maybe if they hired me and stated that I am going to perform a certain task in the US for their company, I could get approval of the H1-B VISA?

I have thought of what kind of work I would perform, I have a bachelor's degree and work experience within the field. The only thing is that the company does not have an office in LA. So they would have to state that I will be both in LA and in San Francisco (where they have an office) or something like that, since I want to live in LA with my girlfriend.

So two questions:
    1. Could I get approval of a H1-B VISA in this situation?
    2. Can the company send me to a city in the US where they don't have an office, would the US approve that?

Thank you!

Originally posted by borjadja View Post
    1. Could I get approval of a H1-B VISA in this situation?
    H1B visa is not so easy & the soonest you can have visa will be August 2019. Can you wait till that time? Window for H1B openes every year on 1st of April & approval takes 4-6 months.

2. Can the company send me to a city in the US where they don't have an office, would the US approve that?
    Yes, you can work remotely from anywhere within USA - as long as your company is fine with it. USA government has no issues in that.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      H1B visa is not so easy & the soonest you can have visa will be August 2019. Can you wait till that time? Window for H1B openes every year on 1st of April & approval takes 4-6 months.

Yes, you can work remotely from anywhere within USA - as long as your company is fine with it. USA government has no issues in that.
      Ok thank you.

What visa would be more suiting for my type of situation then?

Comment

Ok thank you.

What visa would be more suiting for my type of situation then?
        What is the status of your girl friend?
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X