• B1 visa got rejected on 10th sep

Hi my B1 visa application got rejected on sep10th

Below is the interview summary,

Officer-Hello
    Me-Hello Good Morning
    Officer ?Your passport please
    Question1-Where do you work?
    I work with **** **** * in Bangalore
    Question2-What?s your designation? What are your responsibilities?
    I work as administrator(its a non technical post)
    Question3-Why do you want to want to visit US?
    I want to visit US to attend project business meetings to strategize for the community platform migration ahead.
    Question4-How long you are planning to stay?
    It is for 2 weeks from 21st October to 3rd November.
    How long you have worked with present employer?
    22 months(I worked as contractor for 10 months same employer)so in total it would be 32 months.As it was from consultancy I didnt mention it.Is this a mistake?
    What is your Annual package?
    My Annual package is 5.5 lakhs Indian rupees.

He gave back 214(b) saying I am sorry unfortunately US laws are very strict now I cannot approve you visa this time.
    VISA status ?Rejected
    NOTE-No documents asked .Not even My invite letter was seen.

Can you please suggest what might have gone wrong?
    I am working with a reputed product based company

After getting rejected I just analysed my DS 160 and found few mistakes ,
    Email-I have provided my personal email id
    Workphone -Not provided
    Parents date of birth -I have selected do not know

Are this the reasons for getting rejected?
    Last edited by chanchip; 09-21-2018, 08:12 AM.

Originally posted by chanchip View Post
    hi my b1 visa application got rejected on sep10th

below is the interview summary,

officer-hello
    me-hello good morning
    officer ?your passport please
    question1-where do you work?
    I work with **** **** * in bangalore
    question2-what?s your designation? What are your responsibilities?
    question3-why do you want to want to visit us?
    I want to visit us to attend project business meetings to strategize for the community platform migration ahead.
    Question4-how long you are planning to stay?
    It is for 2 weeks from 21st october to 3rd november.
    22 months(i worked as contractor for 10 months same employer)so in total it would be 32 months.as it was from consultancy i didnt mention it.is this a mistake?
    What is your annual package?
    My annual package is 5.5 lakhs indian rupees.

He gave back 214(b) saying i am sorry unfortunately us laws are very strict now i cannot approve you visa this time.
    Visa status ?rejected
    note-no documents asked .not even my invite letter was seen.

Can you please suggest what might have gone wrong?
    I am working with a reputed product based company

after getting rejected i just analysed my ds 160 and found few mistakes ,
    email-i have provided my personal email id
    workphone -not provided
    parents date of birth -i have selected do not know

are this the reasons for getting rejected?
    work phone - definitely a drawback.
    Parent dob - not highly necessary.
    Email - it should be official email id but this wont affect your visa .
    Your salary i think the issue.

Reapply & request the vo to see the invitation letter from your host & your company letter which stating your finiancial support for the entire trip.
    Keep your answer always precise. Best one word answer unless you are asked to explain.
    You might get approved with a short visa or with annotation.

All the best..

Comment

Originally posted by sevenhills2 View Post
      work phone - definitely a drawback.
      Parent dob - not highly necessary.
      Email - it should be official email id but this wont affect your visa .
      Your salary i think the issue.

Reapply & request the vo to see the invitation letter from your host & your company letter which stating your finiancial support for the entire trip.
      Keep your answer always precise. Best one word answer unless you are asked to explain.
      You might get approved with a short visa or with annotation.

All the best..
      Thank you so much for the reply.
      Any suggestions which might increase the chances?Salary as you know cannot be changed.Can I request VO even though if he does not ask for invitation letter?

Comment

Question2-What?s your designation? What are your responsibilities?
        This is not a complete answer. Neither the word "administrator" show your clear work (HR admin, network admin or what?), nor you shared your responsibility - this was a chance to prove that how important you are for your company.
        Question3-Why do you want to want to visit US?
        I want to visit US to attend project business meetings to strategize for the community platform migration ahead.
        Again, what does an non-technical admin has to do with strategies of community platform migration - you should have better explained your importance.
        Question4-How long you are planning to stay?
        It is for 2 weeks from 21st October to 3rd November.
        This was good.
        22 months(I worked as contractor for 10 months same employer)so in total it would be 32 months.As it was from consultancy I didnt mention it.Is this a mistake?
        What is your total experience (it should be there in DS160). So even if you are working for a company for couple of months, but have good total experience - it helps.
        What is your Annual package?
        My Annual package is 5.5 lakhs Indian rupees.
        Depends on VO, some VOs still do not understand "lakhs", they talks in million.
        And ofcourse half a million INR per year is quite less to prove that you are an important person.
        On the other hand, you'll more likely try to get a job in USA, after seeing the average income of people in USA.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
          This is not a complete answer. Neither the word "administrator" show your clear work (HR admin, network admin or what?), nor you shared your responsibility - this was a chance to prove that how important you are for your company.

Again, what does an non-technical admin has to do with strategies of community platform migration - you should have better explained your importance.

This was good.

What is your total experience (it should be there in DS160). So even if you are working for a company for couple of months, but have good total experience - it helps.

Depends on VO, some VOs still do not understand "lakhs", they talks in million.
          And ofcourse half a million INR per year is quite less to prove that you are an important person.
          On the other hand, you'll more likely try to get a job in USA, after seeing the average income of people in USA.
          Libra_14 is correct in everything that was mentioned. I would also add though that it could have just been that the VO though you looked at him/her funny or had a bad cup of coffee etc. it's all based on their discretion whether or not you are approved.
          This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

Thank you so much for the reply.
            Any suggestions which might increase the chances?Salary as you know cannot be changed.Can I request VO even though if he does not ask for invitation letter?
            My advice is to request and push the invitation letter for their view.
            requests are not prohibited in visa interviews. so pop up in a ethical way.
            i got b1b2 10yrs when my salary was 22k pm. multiple questions been shared but i presented myself as a business man representing my company. invitation letter i urged them to see and later none of the docs been asked.
            beware, your trip is for business where your visit's purpose is to enhance the business where you work/own & not to enhance your personal skill, training etc...(answer smart)

though you could assemble plenty of genuine docs to interview, it depends on how to perform on interview. they are good to read your face instantly.

try maadi, siguthe...

Dont consider the above as a legal opinion..

Comment

Originally posted by sevenhills2 View Post
              My advice is to request and push the invitation letter for their view.
              requests are not prohibited in visa interviews. so pop up in a ethical way.
              i got b1b2 10yrs when my salary was 22k pm. multiple questions been shared but i presented myself as a business man representing my company. invitation letter i urged them to see and later none of the docs been asked.
              beware, your trip is for business where your visit's purpose is to enhance the business where you work/own & not to enhance your personal skill, training etc...(answer smart)

though you could assemble plenty of genuine docs to interview, it depends on how to perform on interview. they are good to read your face instantly.

try maadi, siguthe...

Dont consider the above as a legal opinion..
              I applied for the second time and got rejected again
              Missed a good opportunity .Feeling very bad .This time I submitted DS 160 without any mistakes .
              Interview process was just two questions. More worst than 1st one,

VO officer-Explain why you want to go to US?
              I explained very well this time.
              VO -How many days?
              6 days from - to - and I will be back befor my daughter school reopens .
              Thats all !!!She did some expressions and gave 214(b)
              Felt so bad by the rejection.Should not the less salaried people dream to go to US?
              There should be a reason for rejection ?Without that simply rejecting is unacceptable.

So twice rejection means I think I will be not able to go US anytime again
              Last edited by chanchip; 10-17-2018, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Should not the less salaried people dream to go to US?
                You can say that. If you are not earning well in your home country, you "might" see USA & most probably would try all possible way to migrate there. Which is not allowed on this type of visa.
                There should be a reason for rejection ?Without that simply rejecting is unacceptable.
                Its their country, their wish & they are not bound by anyone to share any reason with you for not allowing you to their country.
                So twice rejection means I think I will be not able to go US anytime again
                Try to identify the reason on your own.
                - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X