visa info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• visa info

i'm an indian medical graduate. my age is 24yrs. i wish to go to US to take my usmle step2cs exam scheduled on 15th feb'07. can anybody give me information about the following??-----
    1) in which category should i apply----business/tourism(B1/B2)??
    2)i've recently bought my airtickets through a promotional offer provided by an airline. the dates of departure from and arrival in India are 8th & 27th feb. do you think this would land me into trouble?? i thought that a return ticket might strenghten my case and convince the visa officer that i'd return to India.
    3)i've a sponsor who is my uncle in relation. he stays in ohio while my center is in LA. will this fact adversely affect my chances??
    i'm very nervous as my career is dependent on this visa. any help will be highly appreciated.
    thanx.

1.Cateogry is not for you to worry about. For your situation the officer will give you B1/B2.

2. Have you bought your tickets or only booked them? Because airlines won't issue a ticket before you get the visa. YOU DO NOT NEED TO SHOW TICKETS FOR THE VISA. But they may look at them at US entry and
    your dates are just fine.If they will look at them at entry, they will be convinced that you are here for a short stay.

3.Strongly advised; don't get your uncle into this. IN fact do not even
    mention him at the interview or the form. His mention will act against you , as the officer may think you will stay back with the help of your uncle.
    For a short stay of few days,you do not need a sponsor. Just show that you are financing your own trip;the officer will expect you to spend for your own trip of a few days, if you are spending USD 1200 on step2cs.
    SHOW HIM A HOTEL BOOKING OR RENTED APT IN LA TO THE OFFICER.
    SHOW 3-4 lacs in your savings.
    DO YOU HAVE GOOD STEP1 AND 2 SCORES? A LOT WILL DEPEND ON THEM.
    YOU WILL BE ASKED ABOUT YOUR FUTURE PLANS. TELL HIM YOU WANT
    TO SETTLE IN INDIA AFTER COMPLETING YOUR RESIDENCY. NEVER SAY
    YOU WISH TO SETTLE IN US.

Originally posted by ambar_ban
    i'm an indian medical graduate. my age is 24yrs. i wish to go to US to take my usmle step2cs exam scheduled on 15th feb'07. can anybody give me information about the following??-----
    1) in which category should i apply----business/tourism(B1/B2)??
    2)i've recently bought my airtickets through a promotional offer provided by an airline. the dates of departure from and arrival in India are 8th & 27th feb. do you think this would land me into trouble?? i thought that a return ticket might strenghten my case and convince the visa officer that i'd return to India.
    3)i've a sponsor who is my uncle in relation. he stays in ohio while my center is in LA. will this fact adversely affect my chances??
    i'm very nervous as my career is dependent on this visa. any help will be highly appreciated.
    thanx.

Comment

round trip airline tickets don't "prove" anything about your return; and the consuls already know that less than 1% of foreign doctors return to their country to work after taking these tests, etc.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X