Visiting New York from Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visiting New York from Canada

Travelling to Canada from India on Business purpose and will stay in Canada for 2 weeks. Before coming back to India, can I enter USA and visit New York. I have US multiple entry Business Visa. This is the first time Iam visiting USA. While getting the USA visa, I have told the purpose as Business. At the USA port of entry, Can I say that I have come on tourist purpose. I will stay at USA not more than 2 days and then come back to India. I have my relative who is a doctor working at USA. Should I ask him to send an email and can I show this as a proof at the USA port of entry? Please let me know about the complete procedure.

if you have a valid visa then you can enter without a problem

Comment

Originally posted by patsoma
      Travelling to Canada from India on Business purpose and will stay in Canada for 2 weeks. Before coming back to India, can I enter USA and visit New York. I have US multiple entry Business Visa. This is the first time Iam visiting USA. While getting the USA visa, I have told the purpose as Business. At the USA port of entry, Can I say that I have come on tourist purpose. I will stay at USA not more than 2 days and then come back to India. I have my relative who is a doctor working at USA. Should I ask him to send an email and can I show this as a proof at the USA port of entry? Please let me know about the complete procedure.
      You need invitation to go to USA when you have b1/b2 visa. Since you dont have it, you cant enter (the document is required at POE)

Comment

not true several people enter for tourism, with no plans to visit any person hence no invitation letter.

But some firm itinerary depicting plans for travel and hotel etc would be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by patsoma
          As long as you have a valid visa and a valid passport, knock yourself out. You *might* get some extra questions at the border. Sadly, the Canadian security and screening processes are 'weaker' and looked at with distrust by the US border officers and DHS - so, as said, you might get some questions like "why do you want to visit the US?", "why did you fly to Canada instead of to the US?", etc.

Just tell the truth and have your story straight - you're in Canada for business (might want to elaborate on that), have a couple extra days and wanted to say hi to your relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X