Can B1/b2 visa be used for Business/Tourist purpose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can B1/b2 visa be used for Business/Tourist purpose

I have B1/B2 US visa with multiple entries. During Visa interview, I have told that it will be for Business purpose. I have not gone to US so far. Can I visit USA as a tourist. One of my relative is in Salem, MA, USA. But Iam visiting New york just for 2 days. At the port of entry, Should I say that I will be staying in hotel or in my relative's house? Should I avoid mentioning that my relative is staying in Salem, MA, USA? Please let me know about the various questions or documents that needs to be addressed at the port of entry in USA.

Originally posted by patsoma
    I have B1/B2 US visa with multiple entries. During Visa interview, I have told that it will be for Business purpose. I have not gone to US so far. Can I visit USA as a tourist. One of my relative is in Salem, MA, USA. But Iam visiting New york just for 2 days. At the port of entry, Should I say that I will be staying in hotel or in my relative's house? Should I avoid mentioning that my relative is staying in Salem, MA, USA? Please let me know about the various questions or documents that needs to be addressed at the port of entry in USA.
    1) Can I visit USA as a tourist.
    YES

2) At the port of entry, Should I say that I will be staying in hotel or in my relative's house?
    Whichever is true. Have your relative's address ready. Be ready to answer questions about your relatives: what do they do, how long have they been in the US, who is going to pay for your stay (you or them), etc.

3) Should I avoid mentioning that my relative is staying in Salem, MA, USA?
    Why would you?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X