Guide Me Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guide Me Please

Last year, I attempted to go for this conference which is again in February. My visa was declined because I had just joined the company but I'd joined as Program Manager (Public and rich company but not BEP) and that didn't matter. My stay in the previous company was just 4 months so that also helped the VC to reject my visa. Now I'll go for my visa in December and I've completed one year in this company and I have all my ties here in India so will it help VC to understand that I'm not a job hopper. In fact, I spent over 17 months in my previous company but after spending 13 happy months; my ABC company got merged with XYZ and things started going wrong and I called it a quit after staying for four more months. I read it somewhere on immihelp that I need to be completely honest and that's what I did and just mentioned 4 months of my stay in my XYZ company because XYZ had issued new appointment letters after the merger. Can I write ABC/XYZ and 17 months in my visa form? I have all the documents, mails etc which clearly state about the merger and I can show if VC specifically ask for that change in the form. Do you think that it'd be a good approach? Last time, I tried to explain this verbally but that didn't help.
    Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Name all of your jobs. As far as the merger goes, did you still have the same boss and such? It would still put how long you worked before it merged and after it merged separately (as you already filed out a form stating so for your previous application).
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

Merger happened in my previous company. I was working in ABC which got merged with XYZ and I worked in XYZ for a while and then I joined 123 and still working in the same. In my previous form, I mentioned two months in 123 and 4 months in XYZ only and didn't mention about ABC at all as I was thinking tat I'd got a new appointment letter from XYZ (and there's space for only last two companies) so I should mention that only and the latest company. Now can I mention "In ABC/XYZ and worked for 17 months" and "In 123 and worked for 12 months?
      Last edited by wannago2usa; 10-09-2007, 12:51 PM.

Comment

That is fine, if asked just explain the truth. Or add a page signed and notarized by you, explaining the situation if you want.
        Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

Can I write more than last two companies in the column. I've just changed three jobs in 13 years.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X