Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding 2nd B1/B2 visa

Hi all ,
    I came back from USA in december .I went in a B1/B2 visa. Last time I went to attend some fairs where Me and my client was promotiong the upcoming of her book .I have designed her book covers, her dvds etc etc. NOw again this time I have to go to talk to the publisher and design her 2nd and 3rd book and promote her printed first book and attend press meets. I came back while i still had 1 month visa !

So as I have heard its easier to get a B1/B2 visa if one comes back in right time from the last visit ! is it true ...??
    Also I wd need a 5 months B1/B2 visa as the work is long and intensive. Can i ask for a 5 month visa ??

Thanks !!

Has your visa expired? visas are usually valid for 1 year, 5 years or 10 years. Sometimes less.

If you plan to apply for another visa, because yours expired, then yes, you can probably get a longer validity visa this time, since you did not abuse it and returned in time.
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

yes my visa expired on 14th Jan,2008.While I came back on 17th Dec,2007.So to your advice I can apply for a 5 month visa , but they can give me a one year visa ? Or shd i apply for a 1 year visa , though I actually need 5 months to end my work there............. what do u say ??

Comment

You do not apply for an X months visa... you just tell them the reason of your trip, convince them that you will not stay illegally (which you didn't do, so you are in a good standing with immigration) and they will issue you a visa, they will determine how long the visa will be valid. You could get a 10 year visa this time.

Also, make sure you know, that a visa does not guarantee entry to the USA, it merely gives you the right to apply for entry. And that because your visa is valid for X many years... that doesn't mean you can stay that long in the USA.

When you get to the Port of entry, the officer will approve your I-94 for up to 6 months. That is the most you can remain with a single entry. And of course you should always spend more time in your own country than in the USA over a 12 month window.

Got all of that?
        Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

Thanks really !!! I wanted to know as there is a section in the B1/B2 visa application form where you have to write how long you want to stay ?? Can i write 5/ 6 months in that ....... hope that wdnt be bad!!

Comment

Yes, put in the expected length of your stay.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X