Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 Business Visa Important

Hello there!
    If i come to the USA for business (B1 VISA ) for 1 month , is it possible to apply to change or to adjust status in the USA from B1 BUSINESS VISA to Permanent lawful resident (LPR) AKA GREENCARD while i'm still legal ?
    Lets say i wanna get married for real and i would like to adjust my status while in USA.
    Please advise !
    Thank you for your time !

Because you are PLANNING this ahead of time, your intent is not of a visitor (non-immigrant), but that of a potential immigrant (since you want to adjust status and get a green card).

If you enter the USA using a non-immigrant visa for that purpose, it will be immigration fraud, you will be misrepresenting yourself at the port of entry and it could get you banned from the USA for the rest of your life.

If you are engaged to an US citizen, then you need to file for a K-1 visa.
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

Green card through investment

Could you please give me the link for the infromation on the investment visa, or green card through investment. Thanks

Comment

https:///eb-5-investment-based-green...-entrepreneur/
        Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X