Got B1 VISA ON 28-02-2008 @ CHENNAI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got B1 VISA ON 28-02-2008 @ CHENNAI

Immihelp is a great website. When I was asked by my company to apply for visa. I searched the net for guidance. After hectic searching I found this fabulous site. It has all the info which one needs to know before attending the visa interview. I request u all to go through the website and follow the instructions given here.

I was a bit nervous since this is the first time I am going for a visa interview. Never been out of India. I joined my current company just one and a half month ago. But I do have a few years of IT exp.

Interview scheduled at 11.45 @ Chennai. I went to the US embassy at 10.30.

The interview was only for about 2 min flat
    The VO (May God Bless him) just asked me 2 Questions:

VO: What does your client do ?
    Me: yak yak yak (straight to the point just 3 sentences)
    VO: What do u do?
    Me: xxx (Again straight to the point just 2 sentences. My Designation and what I do in one sentence)
    He did not ask for any doc’s like experience letter or education certificate’s.
    But I would advice you all to take all your original doc’s even though you are applying for BI in BEP program.

During the initial doc verification before the interview I was asked to give another photo of mine since in the current photo which I gave them there was a glare in my glass so the officer at the counter asked me to take another photo. So I had to came out there were outo drivers who would pester you to come with them for photo I would advice you not to do so since thought they will bring u back in 15 min they charge 300 rupees. Instead u can approach the VFS people in the embassy they would send u in there own van to their center which is near by charge u 100 rupees for a few copies of photo and will drop you back in 15 min at the embassy.

Good Luck to all.
    Last edited by kcash; 02-29-2008, 03:15 AM.

Originally posted by kcash View Post
    Immihelp is a great website. When I was asked by my company to apply for visa. I searched the net for guidance. After hectic searching I found this fabulous site. It has all the info which one needs to know before attending the visa interview. I request u all to go through the website and follow the instructions given here.

I was a bit nervous since this is the first time I am going for a visa interview. Never been out of India. I joined my current company just one and a half month ago. But I do have a few years of IT exp.

Interview scheduled at 11.45 @ Chennai. I went to the US embassy at 10.30.

The interview was only for about 2 min flat
    The VO (May God Bless him) just asked me 2 Questions:

VO: What does your client do ?
    Me: yak yak yak (straight to the point just 3 sentences)
    VO: What do u do?
    Me: xxx (Again straight to the point just 2 sentences. My Designation and what I do in one sentence)
    He did not ask for any doc’s like experience letter or education certificate’s.
    But I would advice you all to take all your original doc’s even though you are applying for BI in BEP program.

During the initial doc verification before the interview I was asked to give another photo of mine since in the current photo which I gave them there was a glare in my glass so the officer at the counter asked me to take another photo. So I had to came out there were outo drivers who would pester you to come with them for photo I would advice you not to do so since thought they will bring u back in 15 min they charge 300 rupees. Instead u can approach the VFS people in the embassy they would send u in there own van to their center which is near by charge u 100 rupees for a few copies of photo and will drop you back in 15 min at the embassy.

Good Luck to all.
    I dont think u need to go out and take a photo .. becoz there is photographer stationed inside the Office premises..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X