Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is less salary a problem ?

Hi,

I am an entrepreneur, and we have formed a product company and have recently acquired 3 clients. We are still in our nascent stage.

I draw a monthly remuneration of Rs 12000 and hence do not have to pay any taxes. so i do not have copies of my tax returns

Is that salary amount a problem when i apply for the B1 visa ?

What is the reason for the visit? Age, status and any relatives in US? With proper documents and family ties in home country, you can possibly get a visa if the purpose of visit is well defined and documented.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

The purpose of this visit is to customize our software for our clients unique needs. My age is 22. We started our company when we were 19 and were incubated by an angel investor. We got some decent media coverage as well on TV as well as print media.

I do not have relatives in US. My trip as per the contract with our client, will be completely sponsored by them.

I have all the necessary invitation letters from the client.

I need to come back to India as soon as possible because early OCT, we have our product release scheduled and i am myself heading the team.

Comment

Carry all the items that you mentioned and your need to be in India to run and help the company succeed should prove enough ties. Your age is a negative point. Rest all seem good. Carry the press coverage papers to show to VO. You can mention about it in your interview.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for your valuable feedback.

Well i will take few of the articles about us in the newspapers and the online media. Obviously there is no use me taking our TV recordings

Also i will carry the supporting documents like
          1. Concrete itinerary
          2. Product brochures
          3. Marketing brochures (should i ?)

Is there anything else that you might want to suggest me ?

Comment

Remember, no media storage like CDs, flash drives are allowed inside the consulates. Just hard paper copies are allowed.

Comment

yep, i understand that...so i shall take the print outs of few of the print media coverage.

Comment

tax return statement or salary slips ?

I do not have any tax return documents. but i can present my last 11 months of salary slips with my salary being about Rs 14000 pm

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X