B1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1

Hi, I have a 10 year B1/B2 from my past employer. Now I have quit the company and not on some good terms so they are saying that they have informed US Embassy to cancel my visa.

1. Is this possible, my visa has no annotations? Will it still stand cancelled & will I recieve any notification?

2. Can I check the validity of my visa?

3. Will any future travel be a problem?

Please help! Thanks!

1.- No, they can not cancel the visa just because they want to. They can report any "illegal" activity you may be engaged on, or if they feel you'd be a risk to US national security.

2.- You need to travel and see if they let you enter . Your visa is valid for as long as it is valid/not expired...

3.- It is impossible to tell.
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

Employers asking consulate to cancel visa, Spouse asking to cancel the visa of the significant other cos they are not in good terms etc are all not possible unless there is fraud involved.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Guys, thanks for you replies.

There is no fraud involved and neither have I overstayed any of my earlier visists. It was just a case of regular job change to a competitor & i recieved this email from the old employee that I should apply for a new visa for any future travel.

Is there any way I can check on this cancellation conveyed to me?

Thanks again!

Comment

If the embassy cancels your visa, they would at least communicate it to you.

Quit worrying and don't pay attention to your former employer playing bully.
          Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X