Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b1 visa companies

hi everyone,

can anyone give me some info on how to get B1 visa. I need to get some contact info of companies sponsoring for B1 visa and the basic requirements.

thanks,
    Naina
    Last edited by Naina12; 09-20-2008, 02:32 PM.

companies don't sponsor you for a B1 visa. You need to read the Immihelp section for visitor visas... because thats what a B1 is anyways, a short visitor visa for business.

remove your email from the post.
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

yes i know its for short business visit. a company would be required to sponsor for the visit. i want to know about such companies who sponsor and what are the requirements for the same.

guys, if it is not allowed to post email-id , let me know and i would take it off from the post.

Comment

Originally posted by Naina12
        guys, if it is not allowed to post email-id , let me know and i would take it off from the post.
        Allowed. It is just for your privacy as spammers will get you!

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

ok...just trying to get some info and the probable ways of US immigration for professionals...thanks for the tips to both of you...
          Hoping to get some solid information on US business visas...

Comment

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

ok...just trying to get some info and the probable ways of US immigration for professionals...thanks for the tips to both of you...
              Hoping to get some solid information on US business visas...
              I understand, but the point is that a B1 is not an IMMIGRANT way... if your plan is to have a company sponsor you to work in the USA you need to look at H1B or L1B visas.
              Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

you are right...I am only looking for a quick way to go back to USA. I worked in US before and missed my fingerprint for I-485. I dont know how to go back and get my GC again.

Comment

There is no "quick" way. If you made it to 485 stage, you know what it takes. You will just have to find an H1B sponsor and hope an employer will sponsor you for a green card just like others who want a green card. No matter what, it won't be fast.

Comment

I cannot believe that these questions are being asked by someone who made it till the 485 stage. I would imagine you would know better.

Comment

I am not sure if I am eligible for H1B...but will check. Its not so easy like others applying for the first time. But if I have luck enough then there would be a way back.
                      I am trying to find all the possibilities of getting back. If anyone here been through same situation, please advise.

Thanks,
                      Naina

Comment

Well...the company took care of everything. H1B these days is random pick plus I heard I am not eligible to apply back through same process as made it to I-485.
                        But if I can go back then I can do something about my GC. I dont really know much of immigration rules, so sincerely seeking advise of experts here.

Comment

Well...the company took care of everything. H1B these days is random pick plus I heard I am not eligible to apply back through same process as made it to I-485.
                          But if I can go back then I can do something about my GC. I dont really know much of immigration rules, so sincerely seeking advise of experts here.
                          Your GC is gone. Denied due to you not showing up for fingerprints it was abandoned and denied.

Assuming you had an approved I-140 which is now void. You will not be able to get a non immigrant visa. So forget about the B1.

You really have no clue of how this works... I find it hard to believe you made it that far.

Comment

Thanks for the response. I know, it sounds crazy not to know but like I said, the company took care of the GC sponsorship and I didnt intend to return to India without my GC approval.
                            But sometimes circumstances turn against your plans.
                            Does that mean I do not qualify for any non-immigrant visa?

Comment

If you had received a green card, you would have been expected to make your home in the US.

From you comments, it seems like you have no good idea or plan. Before you waste the time of an employer, you need to figure out what you expect to contribute to the professional relationship. You just cannot decide to move to the US and have it happen.

There are far more people who have made the commitment ahead of you in line.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X