Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1/B2 Visa With annotation

Hello,

I have a B1/B2 visa valid for one year with the annotation "company X meetings, various meetings. Los Angeles, CA". It is a visa type R with Multiple entries (M).

I have used the visa to enter the US and gone to LA once for a company visit. I was wondering if I could use this visa again for a tourism visit to the US to a place different than LA.

I have heard that there are B1 only visas and B2 only visas. What exactly does B1/B2 allow with such annotation?

You help is very much appreciated

You might have a hard time entering, R means restricted and if it is annotated like that means the visa you got is restricted for the purpose mentioned and may be used for the same only.

Comment

I think you can use it for tourism purpose if there is no annotation that says "B1 in lieu of H1". R as far as I know is "Regular" and not "Restricted", issued to all people in general.
      "D" is another category that is issued to Diplomats and I believe they do not get an I-94 when they enter.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

R= Regular
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X