Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H4 (Dependent Visa) to pre existing B1 (Business Visa )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 (Dependent Visa) to pre existing B1 (Business Visa )

Hi,

My wife has got both B1(Stamped earlier for 10 year multiple entry Business Visa) and H4 (Stamped recently - dependent Visa).

Her company wants to train her over here in the US on a new process. What is the procedure to get her status changed to B1?

Does flying back to India and re-entering on B1 solve the problem ? ( With all the business travel related documents) or is there an easier way out?

Any advice is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Rahul
    Last edited by Rahulbose; 07-21-2009, 01:54 PM. Reason: clarity

Originally posted by Rahulbose View Post
    Hi,

My wife has got both B1(Stamped earlier for 10 year multiple entry Business Visa) and H4 (Stamped recently - dependent Visa).

Her company wants to assign her work over here in the US. What is the procedure to get her status changed to B1?

Does flying back to India and re-entering on B1 solve the problem ? ( With all the business travel related documents) or is there an easier way out?

Any advice is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Rahul

It does look like the company is trying to circumvent some rules by making people work on B1. It is plain and simply illegal to work on B1 visa. No exceptions. B1 is for meetings, conferences, trainings, knowledge transfer etc.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for your reply TXH1b,

Her assignment is infact related to knowledge transfer and training and not main course work.

If anyone did go through this before, or you happen to know about it please let me know.

Thanks!
      Rahul

Last edited by Rahulbose; 07-21-2009, 02:56 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X