IMMI help-B1 visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMMI help-B1 visa

I have USA 2 months (untill 19 Sep2009) single entry B1 visa which I got through my employer , but unfortunately now my company is not sending me to USA for business purpose.when I went for the interview I said that I am going for 3 week training in our houston office and they have mentioned this in my visa also, I just want to know
    1. Can I myself go to USA for pleasure (Tourist) purpose with the same visa ?
    2. If yes , do i need to travel to houston airport(b'coz it is mentioned in my visa) or i can travel to any other airport like new york. My brother is working in newyork.
    3. Can i apply for my family also by showing this visa that they want to travel along with me?
    4. Will they ask company invitation letter or any document from the company at POE when i travel using this visa?

Please advise.

Due to annotations on your visa I would advise you not to travel to the US for any purpose other than what is mentioned on the visa. You will need supporting documentation at PoE.

Applying for visa for family members based on your visa is not possible. They can apply for a visitors visa independently of this though.

Comment

thanks orion for your reply.. that was helpful

prabhesh

Comment

Orion, I heard As far as B1 visa is the case you need good documentation while you are going to consulate but once it is stamped(say for 10 years) your visa is no longer dependent on the company.....unlike H1b's...every time a B1visa person enters he needs to have a good reason and his stay for tht period depends on his reason given in POE....I think Prabhesh can visit for pleasure/vacation/holidaying in US reason. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

You can use the visa elsewhere provided you dont have ANNOTATION

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X