Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have H1B, came back to India and now applying for B1

Hi friends,

I was in USA on H1B last year with H1B valid till 2010. However, I had to resign from the job and come back due to personal reasons. It has been more than 6 months since I returned to India. Since I resigned from my job with my employer that had sponsored my H1, I don't know the status of my H1 visa.
    I have to now go for B1 Visa stamping through another employer in India.
    Following are my concerns:

1.I am wondering as to what kind of questions will I have to face in the interview at the US consulate.
    2.Is there any way to know the status of my H1 Visa? Does it get automatically canceled if I don't go back to USA within 6 months?

I do have the relieving letter from my US employer.

Please provide some pointers.

Thanks,
    Shree

1.I am wondering as to what kind of questions will I have to face in the interview at the US consulate.

The VO might ask just the regular B1 visa questions and also enquire about the reasons of you left your employment in US and the if you are still interested in employment in US.

2.Is there any way to know the status of my H1 Visa? Does it get automatically canceled if I don't go back to USA within 6 months?

Yes. Check out with your previous employer.
    No. It does not

3. I do have the relieving letter from my US employer.

Use it during the Consulate interview.

They may also ask you to give a letter stating that you are renouncing your previous H1b or simply cancel your Visa without prejudice.

Good luck to you.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your valuable inputs !

Regards,
      Shreeshail

Comment

and also thanks for your good wishes :-)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X