Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conference Visa Rejected Twice- Help Required

Dear All,

I had to apply for US visa in order to attend conference/workshop in July. I am an active member of one of the organization because i have cleared their exams and also have required experience of more than 5 years. Also i pay annual fees in order to remain an active member. I was invited by them in order to give them feedback about an exam and also to discuss future way forward.

I got the invitation letter and all other details for them . Invitation letter was address to immigration officer with all details and reason of invitation. Before i explain interview details , let me tell my brief profile:
    Married with 2 kids
    Businessman ( Family owned business and i am director in the company along with partner in profit)
    Travelling history : Been to Uk, turkey, Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Maldives and Srilanka in last 5 years
    Valid UK 10 year visa
    Healthy financial statement and tax returns
    Investments in Assets and owned few properties.

I appeard for 1st interview on 2nd April. Interview went like this
    Officer: Give me your passport
    Officer: Purpose of visiting
    Me. i told the lady the lady that i am going to attend conference/workshop in US . The purpose of workshop is to discuss the current exam, set minimum passing score and to give feedback for future reference. Also i handed over the invitation letter
    Officer: What is your relationship?
    Me: I am an active member of the organization because i have fulfilled all their requirements . I am being selected based on my qualifcation and experience in the field
    Officer: I dont understand why are you going to evalute US based Exam
    Me: I explain her again about myself being part of this organization and also this service/volunter activity is only being provided by members and its a non paid activyt. Also no outsider can provide
    Officer: Have you travelled anywherre else
    Me: Told her all the travelling destination etc
    Officer: Show me your old passport:
    Me: Gave to her and she looked at it

Officer: She paused for few seconds and said i am not sure why they inviting someone from your country all the way to evaluate US based exam. I am not sure so i cant issue you visa
    She handed me over 214b paper

After interview, i felt that lady was confused and i could have done better in explaining. Though its a US based exam but its a global exam as well and held in many more countries in world apart from US. So i thought if i can appear for 2nd interview then i can give more details and that might change the decision.

Second interview: 10th April

Officer: You appeared 5 days back as well
    Me: Yes i appeared
    Officer: What has changed since then?
    Me: Honestly speaking nothing has changed since then but i felt that i could tell details better and there was confusion. Also 214b paper states that i have weak ties with home country whereas i have pretty strong ties in terms of business, family investment and travelling history.
    Officer: This is not the problem and why would you give us based exam
    Me: I clarify him that i am not going to give exam but infact evalute the exam
    Officer: Why would you evalute that and therefore i cant issue you visa
    Me: I was about the explain more details and he said this then. I said i am going to explain you in details
    Officer: He said sorry gentleman i cant reverse the decision and handed me over 214b again
    Me: i said let me give chance to explain and its very important for my career as well
    Officr: Again sorry gentleman and you can go now

I was so hopefull in 2nd interview but i was knocked down by him in few seconds and he didnt let me speak and allow me to explain things.

What do you think guys? What went wrong? I was so hopeful because of strong profile and everyone i discussed was amazed to see this.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X