Training B1/B2 rejected - Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training B1/B2 rejected - Please help

Hi - I had my interview yesterday at the Mumbai US Embassy for business/training travel. But unfortunately, I got rejected and got handed the 214(b) the second time.
    I had applied earlier in March 2014 (but for a completely different reason). Previously, I had applied for B2/tourist visa when I was in the final year of my college and got rejected

Here is the interview (held on April 30, 2019):

Me: Hello, Good Morning
    VO: Passport Please

VO: What is the reason for your Travel?
    Me: I work as an Analyst for YYYY (renowned American Bank). I want to travel to attend the analyst training program conducted by my team based out in NY.
    *Gives a confused reaction, maybe I spoke fast and then later VO starts typing on the screen*

VO: Do you have the invitation letter
    Me: Yes. *And I hand over the invitation letter to her from my employer*

VO: Have you traveled before for work with this company?
    Me: Yes

VO: Where have you traveled before?
    Me: Singapore for my training (I have mentioned Singapore in my DS-160 along with other countries that I have visited)

VO: Okay, for how many days?
    Me: 2 months / 8 weeks
    Me again: But mam, that training for was for a different team. I recently moved to this new ABC team for which I need the training for

VO: Okay, what will they cover in this training?
    Me: Mainly give training on the industry, give sector knowledge, teach new databases such as XX, YY, ZZ and also in-depth knowledge on valuations, financial modeling

*VO starts typing on the screen for 2-3 mins*

VO: Sorry as per today's rule we can not grant your Visa (and she handed over the green letter/ 214b)
    Me: I was shocked to hear that (she didn't even ask for any other documents, I was carrying the invitation letter, training agenda, employment letter, bank statements)

For more background. - Male (27yrs old), Unmarried, 4years experience with the same company, mainly in banking/ financial services, traveled to many countries in Asia, Salary: good

Few mistakes (after introspection and reading the forums):
    • Mentioned B1/ B2 in DS-160 but invitation letter just states B1 (not sure if this is much of a hindrance)
    • Did not mention exact travel dates in DS-160 but everything was mentioned on the invitation letter

Couple of questions I really need your opinion on :
    • Can you please suggest what could have gone wrong here?
    • My company suggests that I reply for VISA within a month's time, but I am really skeptical it would be with the exact same documents and circumstances but perhaps on a change of date of the training? Do I reapply within a months time? or after 2-3 months? Please suggest
    • I am thinking of applying for further education in the US. Will a B1/B2 reject hamper my chances for getting an F1 in the near future?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you so much

Responded over PM
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X