Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 visa - Job at USA

Hi Team,
    Being on B1 visa someone has to leave USA after few weeks(the limit is 6 months but practically one leaves within a month) but is this possible to get a job while someone is on B1 and be in the USA for Long term( > 1 year) .
    So what is best strategy on this.

You are not allowed to "work" & "get paid" while on B1 visa.

Best strategy is to go back to home country, apply for a work visa & then come again to USA.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

can some one attended interview on B1 and if he/she is selected can new employer sponsor the work visa from US?

Comment

Originally posted by Amit083 View Post
        can some one attended interview on B1 and if he/she is selected can new employer sponsor the work visa from US?
        Legally, applying for a job or attending interview is also not allowed on B1 visa. If you get caught, you may be banned for any future USA visa.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

With the B1 visa you are not permitted to work in USA legally.

Comment

Originally posted by sriluuppari View Post
            With the B1 visa you are not permitted to work in USA legally.
            Thanks Sriluuppari.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X