Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel Plan Duration

Hi,

I have mentioned in the DS-160 the travel duration as 3 weeks, but I think that is bit too long for a business visa. I would only spend a weeks time at the client's place for training and signing up a new contract. Later will travel to relatives place for 3 or 4 days, so all together it might come to 12 days including my initial travel.

What would be the best way to put it during interview or can I change the travel duration in the DS-160 form as 2 weeks now. Please note that it is mentioned as 3 weeks in the invitation letter as well by my client.

I have an appointment scheduled tomorrow 10/23. Can someone please help me asap.

Thank you for your help in advance!

All your documents/us-visa-and-immigration-forms/interview should match exactly. So if your invitation letter is ready, tickets are booked etc, then do not change anything. If you still have time to fix it, go ahead & reduce the intended duration of visit. If approved, you'll get multiple entry visa & after that you can modify your return plans to extend by a week or so.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thank you Libra. Since the invitation letter is ready and dates are mentioned in it, I will stick with it.

I will update here once the interview is over.

Comment

Best of luck !!
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Hello Everyone,

B1 approved. Thank you all, experiences posted here was really helpful.

Interview was pretty short.

VO straight forward asked what was the purpose of my visit. Explained him the purpose.

Later asked how both companies are related (I own a BPO firm and am proprietor). There was a little confusion initially as both Indian and US companies have almost a similar name and I fumbled while explaining but the VO was very helpful in understanding and had repeated and I explained him in detail about the services we provide for the US company.

He asked how much would be my income, which I didn't mention in my DS-160. Told him my annual income (he wanted to know only how much I earn at the end of the year, not the company's turnover)

Later asked how many employees work in my company (we are 5)

Later asked how many days I would be going to US (3 weeks)

He then asked me to wait for a few minutes and had consulted someone behind him and spoke to him a couple of minutes and returned to his desk and typed something in his computer and said visa is approved.

I was tad nervous during my interview.

I think DS-160 speaks a lot about us and a little luck also matters.

Again, thank you guys for all the help!

Comment

Congratulations & thanks for sharing your experience.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X