No announcement yet.

Address where you will stay in the U.S.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Address where you will stay in the U.S.

Hello

With reference to filling in the form DS-160 to ask for a B1B2 Visa just in case I have the chance to be part of the crew of any private yacht sailing in or outside the US, I need to answer whether I already have a fixed plan or not. In my case I do not have a plan and that is what I reply in the form.

Nonetheless after replying that, then the form asks for a rough estimate of the the plan, including number of days I will stay in the US. The thing is I do not know in advance because I have not made any plan yet with any boat. If I set the length of time I will stay as anything beyond 1 day, then I need to answer the following question "Address where you will stay in the U.S." which I do not know how to answer. If I set the length of time of my stay as less than 24 hours, then I do not need to answer that question.

Sometimes private yachtes needing crew only accept people with a valid B1B2 Visa. Considering I still do not even have a schedule and a plan with any particular boat and I just want to have the VISA in advance in case an opportunity arised in the future to be part of the crew of any private boat:

What should I fill in the blanks "length of time of my stay" and "Address where you will stay in the U.S." in order to get the B1B2 for the aforementioned purpose?

Any help would be appreciated. I am kind of lost.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by thosecars82; 10-26-2019, 05:05 AM.

Not sure, if that is the right visa for you. I guess Crew members of flight/yatch etc, has a different visa. Please search for it.

To answer your question, you should mention the date from your first entry to last date when you leaving USA. & for where you going to stay, you can mention any hotel name as well, or mention that you'll be mainly staying in yatch & just roaming around the cities.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

If I am staying 10 days in NEW YORK 10 days in Cleveland and for 10 days in Texas then what address should I enter in DSV160. I HAVE NOT made any hotel reservation as yet. Kindly help

Comment

Originally posted by ronaldance View Post
        If I am staying 10 days in NEW YORK 10 days in Cleveland and for 10 days in Texas then what address should I enter in DSV160. I HAVE NOT made any hotel reservation as yet. Kindly help
        Libra_14

Comment

Mention your tentative hotel address.
          - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

It would be better if you can book a hotel from the time. This will make the entire process much more easier and you will get your documents faster. I was also working in the past, but now I am retired and just spending my time with family. We use to take a boat rental Miami and go fishing all together, or just visit some places, which are very unique and you can just reach them with any other kind of transport.
            Last edited by OliverHoward; 12-22-2021, 02:23 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X