Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 visa length of stay

Hello everyone,,

My query is about period of stay on Business Visa.
    I need to attend a training program in the US for a period of just a bit more than 3 months. I also want to visit some of the places as a tourist so my stay will be about 4 months openweb.vip/********-web/ https://19216801.onl/

1>Will I be allowed to stay for more than 3 months say get a stamp of about 6 months at the port of entry?
    2>In case I need to stay for a period of more than 6 months can I apply for
    extension in such a case?
    3>Also after departing from US to India I may need to come back to US on Business purpose.How long can I stay out of India in US in a year?
    4>Will going for multiple entries in US on B1/B2 visa in a short period of time hamper my applications for conversion to H1B?
    5>Will I be denied entry into US for multiple entries ina short period of time for considerably long stays?
    Last edited by Jhonmicky; 11-10-2019, 07:26 PM.

Originally posted by Jhonmicky View Post
    My query is about period of stay on Business Visa.
    I need to attend a training program in the US for a period of just a bit more than 3 months. I also want to visit some of the places as a tourist so my stay will be about 4 months.
    Its kinda risky, but certainly it is possible.
    1>Will I be allowed to stay for more than 3 months say get a stamp of about 6 months at the port of entry?
    Usually you'll get 6 month I94 only, but you should stay as short as possible to avoid any issues in later visits.
    2>In case I need to stay for a period of more than 6 months can I apply for extension in such a case?
    Certainly you can apply, but approval for that extension is a different story.
    ​​​​​​​
    3>Also after departing from US to India I may need to come back to US on Business purpose.How long can I stay out of India in US in a year?
    You should stay more in your home country - at least longer than your stay in USA (not a official rule, but better for your history).
    ​​​​​​​
    4>Will going for multiple entries in US on B1/B2 visa in a short period of time hamper my applications for conversion to H1B?
    You thinking to convert from B1 to H1 ?
    ​​​​​​​
    5>Will I be denied entry into US for multiple entries ina short period of time for considerably long stays?
    Multiple entries won't be an issue, but long stays are certainly a problem.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X